Mutahi Kagwe went to this school in Nyeri.

Ongeza mimi kwa iyo list

That’s good progress

You are added

Some other schools have done so so well such as Strath and Kianda. Strath gave us our CBK Gav. And his Bishop bro.

I don’t quite agree with the Opus Dei way of life but their education policy is top notch.

Strath and Kianda are schools for the elite in the society

True.

Sio machungu… for your info I was in one of the original national schools, the big 11…or 16, I forget how many they were. But I have always been against the toxic, elitist comparisons and boasting by alumni from those schools…its too much. I have nothing against kagumo, am actually impressed by the list…but my point is most schools at the level of kagumo have an equally impressive alumni so I see nothing special.

Opus dei schools…great schools.

But their fees is not as expensive as the likes of Brookhouse, Peponi , Rosslyn Academy, St Andrews Turi, Arya, Aga Khan etc…
What is wrong with Strath and Kianda is how much time they demand from parents especially Satos. Haki they have no life.
But if you don’t give your children, the best education that you can afford, then you are failing them…as a parent.

What is toxic about a school parading a list of former students who have made it in the society? For me, I see it as a very positive thing because it inspires the current generation of children who are there and those who will join the school in future to work very hard and excel. Do you know why almost everyone who has gone to Alliance or Maseno or Kabarak is stable somewhere in society? It’s because of the fact that these former student got some message pumped into them when they were in those institutions about striving for excellence. Even the ones who were weak did their best and refused to settle for nothing.

True. Education is the only gift you can give to your kids.

98**
Admi no
00-03

But why are you against the highlighting of those that are a success for instance our CBK guv? and you also said every school has important alumnis,… while I may accept some alumni may not be in the news but are holding down some v important jobs in the jua kali sector let us praise the ones that have done so well until they are household names. Patrick Njoroge is being touted as someone who should run for the Presidency and while we are waiting and watching, I hear he cannot because of Opus Dei rules.:mad:

Almost 80% of his salary goes to the greater good.

Si izo ghaseer zi ololeaa mimi…
…mtu ya Wambugu house…

Wambugu ni nani???

These are out of reach even for the middro class. They are for who is who in the society and those folks who have managed to pull off a fortune from sagas like NYS or Goldenberg

not against…I actually said it’s an impressive list but its a list you would expect from a school of kagumo’s stature…I would have been impressed if this list was from some harambee school…nothing special here

Exactly. I hate it when I hear that so and so in the government studied in South Africa or London but it is a great privilege and self pride as a society when we find for example that a great man like Mwai Kibaki attended Nyeri high and Mangu. It shows that our local schools can produce people of integrity and global intellectuals

I disagree. Think it is special to highlight who went where. No harm. Like where did Joho and Sonko school?

So to you, something special is when you hear that a Watchman or a mbotch was in Kagumo or Alliance Girls?

Good question