My advise to Magoha regarding the back to school issue.

Heard on the news (Citizen TV) some parents’ opinions on school reopening. They were suggesting that candidates should be considered and commencement effected.

Thought about it in the grand scheme and that idea can create vacuum. A situation where class 8 pupils and form 4 students finish school with nobody to be promoted to these classes because the other wouldn’t have completed syllabus and tested for Promotion to the next class… :confused:

How about they are promoted to the next class and next academic year, the pace of learning can be accelerated to fill in the knowledge gaps…

Do most kids have the capacity to take in this quantity of information in a single year? It’s like doing 2 classes in a single year! It will fail spectacularly.

Unless they sieve and at least reduce the information overload burden exposed to the kids…

Since WHO said this virus is endemic, we can delay school opening by 1 month, 1 year or 10 years from now and we will still be in this same position, endlessly debating whether or not to open schools.

Na saa ya interschool activities kina sports drama nini nini…sports was a huge factor for me kabla i chose where to school…sasa watu talented kama mimi wa saidiwe aje…hii corona ni noma wadau.