My dad is really annoying

It isn’t in our culture either for people to go to school but they do. We became westernized a long time ago. The old man needs care from people who are well trained but I guess that is just a family decision.

2 Likes

I understand that institution was running short of monies, so I will not recommend this villager to take his granny there.
My advice; the old mzee is living his bonus years let him enjoy hata kama anasumbua.

7 Likes

Frankly I don’t see the difference between employing somebody at home and nyumba ya wazee, it is still not them, and they will be paying somebody to do that job.

1 Like

Find a solution that works for you the family n your dad,cz as it stands you are still risking alot.what if he wonders off n gets lost when you guys are busy?
taking him to a home doest mean you are dumping him,get a home close to you n the rest of the family.that way it would be easy to make regular visits each day.he will have the best care available n be seeing his folks most of the time.i think this is a win win solution.let his sunset years be with dignity,am sure it pains you ukimkasirikia knowing very well si kupenda kwake.let professionals help him.a home is cheaper than a well trained nanny

1 Like

Hope you’re kids will have a better attitude towards you in your twilight years,ati if he’s still alive in Jan,shame on you

10 Likes

Vile @Web Dev … aka Web DickHead amesema… Niaje wewe mluhya mkikuyu !!!

1 Like

Wasapere and Wavaite used to dump the elderly and the sick in the forest. Kweli rongo?

Sorry for that.

I was annoyed when posting. I just spent some three hours searching for him.

Nimesema aje?

Somalis strangle their old sick patients to date.

1 Like

That home is sponsored by Catholics e.g. last Sunday, we had a second collection for the home. There is no day, absolutely no day, when that home will lack any support.

1 Like

take him to a psychiatrist he will be given some sleeping pills kama largatil and others he may recover

I cry for my generation when I read such stuff it’s tragic that you can’t talk to about your dad like that knowing too well it’s not deliberate.

my grandmother is 85 she recently lost site on 1 eye slowly she has lost her sense of smell but she still insist on living alone.I usually visit once a wk since lives in Nairobi .

2wks ago I go to her place and I found her eating rotting rice with mould on I almost fainted.I was angry that the house was dirty and she had chased away the cleaning lady bcoz she does not want strangers in her house.

as family we hv decided that we shld be flexible to her demands so on Sunday we take her to church an we leave the cleaning lady to clean the house n stock her fridge with boiled cereals and so far so good.

6 Likes

Really? Hiyo nayo ulijuaje?

Your demented dad is not annyoing you as he does not know what he is doing. Your are annoyed about his sickness, about his situation. You should be aware that with time the situation will become worse. I’m sure you know this all and you are annoyed as you cannot deal with this situation.

Accept his sickness, accept that he is living in another world as his condition will never again get better, on contrary. To find a good home for him (not one where he will be fixed in his bed or get pills to sleep the whole day) or to find someone who can care for him professionally. You also have to consider the condition of your mother as the present situation is the worst for her.

Do not listen to those who are blaming you that you think to seek a good home for your dad. In former years people died before they could suffer from alzheimer - thanks to the progresses in medicine…

1 Like

You can give moral support to your father, but he needs technical support. If curses exist you are more likely to get one by neglecting to give him the care he needs than giving it to him.

Last week i met a lady who has stayed with her tetraplegic mother for 7 years. She left her under care of someone for a week. On arrival from majuu, her first stop was hospital. Her mother had already developed bed sores- neglect. Can you imagine turning your mother every two hours day and night for 7 years and counting? Roger that.
@aviator kuna elderly home ingine along Kiambu Rd.

@aviator there was a story in DN living magazine of a man suffering from alzheimer was that your dad?

It’s draining for care givers evident by your harsh words describing him.

Like i said previously take him to a home if possible daily visits it’s
better for everyone.

1 Like

Alzheimer haina dawa wala kinga as usual stress maybe a contributing factor.

Another great AD for condoms .

4 Likes