My Employer Lied About The Salary.

Take it and jump ship ukipata kazi ingine ki jua kali, unatoka job friday una report monday kwingine

1 Like

…ama ya ‘these people’ .

I think they changed mind after seeing you got shocked by 100k and maybe feared you might under-perform due to being over- salaried. So wakaona wakupeleke polepole. Work with the amount for now, your performance will speak volumes hence a raise.

Fanya mbaya ukitafuta mzuri. My first job i negotiated a 6k salo and the records showed that i was receiving 6k, only for the manager to put 5k in an envelop. Nevertheless, i learnt some very important lessons on management.

Mi nilianziwa na 13k net na majukumu ilikuwa mingi.mradi una focus u will get where u want to be.hii kulalamika haisadii mtu yeyote.its an employers market and they are always looking for ways to fuck u up(Employee)…

try working for a somali

By the way mimi nilianzia 10K after one year nikapewa 22k net, lakini kazi haikua na description, nafika seven asubuhi natoka seven jioni kazi mob tu sana na it included kupewa gazeti na Deputy GM kupelekea mpango wake wa kando. Wacha tu

1 Like

Si ungekula hiyo MWK …as a revenge !!!

3 Likes

all the interviews that i went to 3 months ago never turned out well. zingine niliambiwa monday tutakupigia simu ukuje uanze kazi. monday niliamka mapema nikaprepare waiting for the call( am still waiting for that call). zingine niliitwa kuenda tukaongea hadi nikasema baaas hii nimepata only to be told heart breaking stuff. interview ilikuwa Kimathi street nilitoka confused, was supposed to take mat ya kuenda nyumbani Tom Mboya lakini was so confused nikajipata River road wandering and asking myself lots of whys. one person stood by me though encouraging me na ni member huku lakini sitamtaja jina… finally got lucky place niliitwa hata hatukufanya the interview, the guy recognized me because i had attended some confrence n they had a stand which i visited and had engaged them. nilijifunza umuhimu wa Networking. that experience taught me a lot. huyo mtu achukue hiyo kazi a tleast awe na experience. after that nilianza kulala saa sita/saba na kuamka 4 polishing my skills

Sema uyo mtu wa kijiji we appreciate him

nope lakini penye ako anajijua.

If he has no other option afanye nini? There’s a saying that mtu hakaukii alipoogea.

Take the job bros.What is 5k less of ua xpectations? A beggar has no choice remember. Take the offer and try to work ua way up the ladder. This is far much better than my first salary which was 4k a month.Dont forget I had the so called papers.What I didn’t know is that these guys were testing my patience and humility.With time I have climbed up the ladder and am somewhere better.If the company has no outlined promotional prospectus then I advice u to @123tokambio.

2 Likes

what if the reverse is also true. In one of my many interviews I sold myself short despite doing a background check on peers. I quoted 65k, btw the position required 3years experience,I had none,I impressed the panel. When the confirmation letter came it read 120k gross. That day I knew I served a Living God. Three years later with no signs of career growth I wrote a resignation letter despite not having any job offers elsewhere. Mdosi was a friend of mine and he thought I had been poached by a rival,so akanipeleka drinks and stated he would not accept my resignation letter. Told me to pitia by his office next day, gave me a bahasha ya pay rise. Three more years I quit to start my own line of business from the knowledge I had acquired. It has not been rosy but its satisfying to watch your project grow, I broke even after two hard years where I grew a thick skin and quickly mastered the art of aurvival

4 Likes

first week on the “outside” after finishing my last campus exam nilienda kuuliza kazi kwa a msomali contractor. For those familiar with upperhill, its the guy ambaye amelemewa na the roads there. Kuingia kwa site office, ameanza kuniuliza maswali then without knocking in walks two somalis (his sons) wameleta a tired looking guy who I later learn is the night watchman. First words out of the bosses mouth was “walai bilai nitakuua”. Although hakuniita tena, I wouldn’t have taken the job

I know an office where one of the guys is told to shine his bosses shoes

1 Like

Soomalis involve male relatives a lot in their businesses.

:D:D:D:D:D:)

[ATTACH=full]13616[/ATTACH]

Take the job but ukae rada, already they see the desperation and might decide to take advantage of you in the future. Kula hiyo chapa meantime ukisaka works ingine.