My experience working with the Chinese

Due diligence by every worker is what we lack. True everybody will slack off when not properly supervised, but their level of expectation and performance is higher.

Are you a billionaire?

we did some blast holes for them at syokimau. the chinkus were so corrupt. they were supposed to be 20m deep. the rock was hard. so some 2 kenyan boys would hire rigs at night and would drill up to 5-10 m and the chinese would sign off as 20m done. then they would get kickbacks from payment. all in all human beings are the same. whether chinese or african. Integrity is a choice. we signed a better contract elsewhere and pulled out our rigs.

When in Rome do as the Romans do.
It’s easier to change a few chinkus than them to change us.

Relevance???!

These guys don’t have families here, they are only here to work and make money. It will not be fair to compare them to Kenyans who have families and stuff to take of.

Maybe the official spec was 5-25m.

Shouldn’t that make us work harder on our soil than them? I don’t get this logic.

true, but for signature projects like this one, no room for cutting corners.

For you to be telling aspiring billionaires not to work hard, you’ll need to be a billionaire yourself to make sense.
Otherwise you’ll be treated like a peasant, or worse, middle class who has given up on life.

Oh my dear naive pal. Do you actually believe the story of the s charcoal seller who became a billionaire by hard work?

There is a time for everything. Time to work and time to rest. It is not for Kenyans to change to be like Chinese. Remember in China you are not considered human, you are a robot. Working 8 hours is enough like @ranny pointed out. We’re not slaves to kill ourselves working

Not all hard workers become billionaires. But all billionaires are hard workers.
Unless they inherited it.
Even those who steal their way to that status generally work very hard.

Very few billionaires actually acquired their money through hard work. Very few. Show me a Kenyan one who did so I show you a drug lord, a politician or cronies

When innovation and/or your risk taking aligns with opportunity, you get a chance of becoming a billionaire. I used to work 18 hours a day and didn’t even make it to middle class. Work smarter and longer put in effort and hope for the best.
Although being a billionaire is an empty and useless classification. You sit and stare at a good car, house and money. And have made very little contribution to society. Utterly useless.

Ruto works very hard. He is a thief and a very hard working one at that.
The likes of Peter Munga of Equity built if from scratch when it was a sacco for tea farmers.
I know many examples of rich Kenyans.
The common thing is I’ve never seen a lazy rich man. They all work more hours than normal people, until maybe they retire.

you only need to compare the work done by kenyan contractors and the job chinese ones do, the chinese are faster and the quality of work is quite good, we really shouldn’t even have chinese contractors building roads like thika road, outering road and bridges like Sigiri, izi ni vitu basic yawaa!!

We will remain poor until we commit ourselves to doing good work and meeting deadlines

Unfortunately due to being overworked many Asian countries tend to have very high suicide rates. Lakini I like their atitude towards work sio kama wakenya wengi tunajiona wajanja sana when in reality ni ufala mingi tunafanya.

ulipea Wakayama kazi ya kuleta mawe alafu uanze kucomplain.

this right here is the wrong mentalility of kenyans.i can assure in gikomba the billionaires there are uncountable and its all blood sweat and tears!