Mzito Mike Sonko

But a peasant like me is happy with service delivery… Ungekuja kusema we reach people…

[SIZE=6]70 years?? The lost cause that Michuki cleaned up??[/SIZE]
Michuki gets Nairobi River clean-up award | Nation
Kweli jogoo la shamba haliwiki mjini, you have no clue what you’re talking about, city business is too complex for your young mind.

When we had a functional city administration, the city council provided aluminum bins for free and collected garbage weekly!!
They also had worker trim hedges, cut grass and collect litter around the estates!

Actually, Its not just service delivery, it’s having a vision and a plan of growth for the county, attracting new businesses and industries , creating new jobs, new housing and new streams of revenue.
What has he achieved in those areas ?

I was here in 2009 and nairobi river was stinky as it has always been. sijui hiyo nairobi river ya kijabe michuki alisafisha ni gani…

building owners, businesses and residents must take responsibility to stop polluting the river., it will naturally cleanup after unclogging here and there…

Are you suggesting that, The Nation, The Economist and UNEP all lied?
Are you saying that the only person who knows the truth, is a person who doesn’t know where Kijabe st is in Nairobi ?

It’s actually the county government’s job to provide an adequate sewerage system.
On this one, you’re way out of your league!

Do I need Nation, UNEP and whatever other media to tell me how clean or dirty a river which I see every day is??? how does this even make sense to you???

Perhaps you’re referring to another river, you didn’t know where Kijabe St was, you probably don’t know where nairobi river is located.

Anyway, you had declared it can’t be cleaned, you obviously cant see beyond your filthy environment, and don’t even desire better!
That’s a pity. . . …as a man thinketh… enjoy your crap!

Weren’t those things I’m enjoying part of his plan and vision? They’ve made my stay in Nairobi much more comfortable… Much more so than when Kidero was governor.

New housing is coming up, creating new jobs et al is shared with national govt… I’m happy to pay parking fee as I’m seeing the work it’s going to

What is his stated vision and implementation plan aka a 5 year plan? Would you put a link or attach that plan?

The national govt housing plan is not his, what is the county govt’s plan???
What is his job creation plan, new industries plan, and how does he create new streams of revenue??
You may be satisified with sonko’s nairobi but I’ve experienced a better nairobi and I have also lived in a working city and I know the difference.

Sonko rolls out Sh7bn affordable homes plan - Business Daily

Here’s my issue with stories of back in the day… Sonko has been in office for about 3 years now, and you expect him to rectify decades of mismanagement in 3 years??? Nairobi has had an influx of people who have put a strain on its resources over time, and you expect him to rectify this in 3 years??? Even when you put your yearly goals, do you achieve everything in your plan? Or do others roll over? I can see a difference between Kidero and Sonko’s time as governor and I’ll reiterate them again… My estate is clean, garbage collection every week, the estate roads are recarpeted, we have a new sewer system, we have working streetlights, we have water throughout and that makes me happy to pay for parking, garbage collection fee with no fuss whatsoever. Sonko has improved my environment, and I’m happy.

I’ve also been to better cities, but you also need to look at it in context… You’ll compare Sandton to Nairobi? Sonko ako sawa

The houses being built at Pangani, the new markets, the new fire station, Pumwani upgrading…

A good leader puts in place systems propped up by strong structures to ensure the garbage is collected without the Governor’s express order, that you have to DM him for that is clearly a sign of a failing system.

Sprucing up a few hospitals with new equipment and some new buildings is commendable but is that enough? Nairobi county needs better quality haealthcare but even more crucial, new hospitals including a new referral to ease the burden on KNH. County 047 has the highest infant mortality rate in Kenya,horrible.

How many polytechnics has he put up? Ama vijana wa Nairobi do not need tertiary education?

The quality of roads the county is putting up pia isnt great, they wont last long.

Bottomline: Sonko is doing just enough to look like he is working, compared to his colleagues you could say he is amonst the top 10 but compared to the best in the world he aint shit.