Nairobi expressway coming up nicely. Maendeleo chap chap. Uhuru Hoiyee

I work with many infrastructure development parastatals so I know what I’m talking about.

Oraight. I don’t! Am on social media…

Ever heard of kimwwarer and arrror and Itare dams where billions were paid and there is nothing on the ground?

Yes. Along with many other scandals by the Kinyarras. Been the windfall season for some.

kuna shida because of clauses in the contract, if the vehicle volumes don’t meet the threshold, government will dig to pay the company, just like sgr, another clause is that no other competing project can be authorized by the government, meaning, no trams, or rapid mass transport development for the next 27 years,
shida sio barabara biggest issue that will be faced ni hiyo contract, it was one sided.

That road is expensive. Convenient but expensive. People who live on that side of town won’t be able to use it as a daily driver. People from Mlolongo, Kitengela…At ksh 520 return, it’s too high. If I were the government, I would design and force commercial traffic ( Matatus, trucks) to use it for a highly discounted fee.

So, I found the gazette notice that paints a clearer picture.[ATTACH=full]342535[/ATTACH]

The KES 1,700 will be for rollies, because of the multiplier on vehicle classes. Now I see where that number came from.

How much do you pay for toll roads in the US?

mimi ni mkulima mdogo lakini Arror akichukua kiti 2022 nitakuwa na uwezo mkubwa kifedha.

Utakuwa kwa “RV mafia” kitchen cabinet.:slight_smile:

So it is less VAT. Naona they will intentionally make the lower road jam packed to force peaple to use the elevated road.

US tolls are very expensive. You could use them as a daily driver but they will hurt your budget. Approx ksh 15 per km.

Kibaki and Raila. Repeat ×2

They spend more on fuel while stuck in the jam for hours every morning and evening. Matatus, taxis and trucks can also use the road and this means more trips for them and thus more profits.

I foresee many middle class guys moving towards syokimau, kitengela, athi river etc to build their homes since getting to the office will now be easier. They wont have to wake up at 4am as happens currently.

@Finest wine can never credit Raila.

Nope:DI like my Baba but only kwa opposition not in the ngafment.

Pesa ya monaco imeingia. Wanyanya wanalipa poa naona roundi hii:D

The 3 roundabouts after Nyayo ndio shida .If you do not have to use those, the expressway is a waste of money. having to make a complete stop and waiting for slayqueens to get a lipa na mpesa option ushasiaga southern bypass, carried 3 ninjas and put a smile on their face.

Either you have a roundabout or you have traffic lights. Either way, you are screwed. Everybody is driving through and into the city center at the same time. Really poor infrastructure design or its simply way past its time. I have always said take government services out of downtown area. Reduces traffic to that area. And/or give people staggered workshifts. Some come in at 5 leave by 2, come in at 6 leave by 3, maybe some people work Sunday through Thursday, etc, etc. That way not everyone is heading to the center at the same time.The same scenario happens on chrismas day traffic.

Iyo 1700 itaumiza daily commuter wa to and fro, mtu wa kutumia iyo parapara occassionally ako Tu sawa ni pesa