Nairobi Outskirts

I have no problem with his example. I can extrapolate or whatever from his insight because we all know how Nairobi neighborhoods are like. I have no problem with his help.
I’m not going after specificity that’s why I even asked about the “estate economy.” But yeah sure you know of what I need than me

Good luck getting answers. You will need lots of it with your approach

I fucking love how you’ve not offered any help. You’re entangled on what the question should be yet you know what is implied. The trees make you miss the forest.

I’m not mama nyonde to break down food into your mtoto nyonde mouth.

You caught feelings girl :smiley: It’s just an online forum for strangers :smiley:

:D:D

Uchumi ya kadogoo. Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

[quote=“girlciki93, post:16, topic:163848”]

Thanks

I was thinking lower middle class spending/income so to speak. According to KNBS this is around 25k - 99k per month. Can estates where people of this income bracket live have traffic of 100 customers a day on average at the right location? Is that too ambitious even for frequently purchased commodity?
[/QUOTE
i ain’t no expert but 100 customers a day in a Salon or Kinyozi is a lot even if you are putting in 12hr shifts[/QUOTE]

Another answer on Kinyozis/beauty industry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Proof of concept.

Wrong entrepreneur move.

my feeling about pubs is that nowadays there are too many hidden charges Example, the money you pay cops, the losses you incur when your employees and clients are arrested, the stocks you lose to pilferage and non-payment not to add to the license requirements-set very high and the hours of operation. Already a bar owner in Kenya starts on the backfoot given the populance has low disposable income and the drinks are highly taxed. Its a wonder that people actually profit from this business. When you look at the region, a Pint of Primus 500ml in Kigali sets you off an equivalent Ksh60(4.5% Vol) in an off licence pub, A Nile in Kampala will cost equivalent of Ksh 93(5.6%vol)

Singo matha expat amejaribu kusaidia wewe but Reverse psychology sio strong trait yako

Hapa kwetu everything is expensive. Cartels

Cartels starting with KRA

I have observed that those small estate supermarkets don’t do well. Malls are being constructed everywhere even in the so called Nairobi outskirts. For example in Ngong alone there is a mall housing Tuskys supermarket, there are also two other Naivas supermarkets all located within the Ngong area.In this place alone I have seen several small estate supermarkets start and close business within a short time.I guess the market dynamics are unique in each area.

There are businesses that are doing well in estates.

There are supermarkets like Tumaini in utawala, powerstar in kitengela, a couple of them in kawangware and ruaka with alot of human traffic which i guess translates to good daily turnovers. Some of them open branches in other similar estates.

The secret is that you strategically locate your biz in that busy street or location in the estate and employ the estate marketing strategies.

Na hiyo jina sprawl uitumie vizuri when interacting with peasants.

The outskirts have even worse security than Nairobi itself.Have you been to Rongai and Ruiru???

Thanks

Forget services and pubs. What about retailers/traders like butcheries, mini- supermarkets. How do they do in terms of traffic?

Si akusaidie kujipanguza matako

Cool

Btw tumaini is a big player really and this size of premises you can’t find everywhere in the estates, they are pretty much limited to main roads or something like that and have parking lots which implies that they are not all that convenient, I don’t know if you get me. A thing with these areas is that they don’t have a huge population density - as you would have in places with high-rise buildings. What difference does this make - to rent of premises, traffic, etc? Like a salon in pipeline would be around many more people than say Utawala going by population density.

Inner Nairobi is far more dangerous. Even CBD people close shops by around 8pm. You can’t compare those places with jogoo road for example.