Nairobi Traffic

Ku ride si shida. I grew up with these things. Shida ni kuride Nairobi. Nataka kutoka Friday. jiini mpaka Sunday jioni my mode of transport ni bike but naogopa hizi barabara za tao.

kama uko leafy suburbs ni sawa ride huko kwa barabara za estates. Keep away from roads with more than 10 33 seater Matatus - Jogoo Rd, Langata Rd, Ngong Rd, Mombasa Rd, Thika Rd, Juja rd, Waiayaki way… and many others. The lesser the car traffic the better.

Plain and simple , our country structure is a dense one. All things happen within and around the CBD. Decongesting and moving institutions away from the CBD and encouraging guys to go leave out of the city is the permanent solution.
Doesn’t matter how many roads or fly overs are built .

So Cayole, Mwiki na Guthurai ni cheze chini? But those are my leafy suburbs my fren. Hehehe…jokes aside I hear you loud and clear. Sande sana

Cycling on public roads is about confidence and skill with time. I began from bike lanes, graduated to service and now I use the highway even on Thika rd. Step by step

Sande sana.Na hii kitu inamaliza utambi ama nikujubamba tu? Kuna kitu inachungulia na hainifurahishi

Pixed

Kitaaaaaaambo! Ulikuwa na story unataka nikichekie huko?

Kuna thread nilikuwa nimeandika some time back on safety in the bike. Wacha niitafute

@incognitus welcome to the club. Ndio hii thread ya safety
https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?threads/cheki-maneno-smart-and-responsible-cycling.9517/

sande sana. wacha nisome pole pole.

hizo Matatu kama hazitambui wasee Wa nduthi baiskeli ndio nini?

Mpaka wale watu wanatumia side na front mirror kujiangalia pekee wabadilishe lane bila indicator.

Yep, you’ll lose weight pretty fast. Just be consistent and love climbing, leave the flat sections behind, they don’t do much for you

And you will also become a tortoise marinator

My riding bikes ended the day I landed in the city. No way I will ever risk life and limb competing with crazed matatu drivers for space on the roads.

hapo ndio u ajuanga hujui…