Najua mumeboeka but let me leave this one here ndio mukatakatane vizuri 2022

Na si hio Alibaba ingemaliza jumia , pigia me, kilimall in one stroke?

Gathecha ametwanga Nakumatt hadi akaiweka chini, halafu akaleta carrefour halafu ajipige na online store?

And why should they set up base in Kenya, why cant we have our own Samsung?

I don’t see Korea allowing Kirubi to go make his biros there… or allowing the bidco guy to make his oils in Seoul.

Samsung is just looking for cheap labour so as to compete with China.

They’ll never pay Kenyans well. Their main mission is to enrich only themselves.

We have all these foreign manufacturers in Kenya and they come in and then live Kenya the same way: broke. They cart away their billions to offshore accounts.

Sometimes they have to even be forced to build a simple community toilet or primary school.

We need to make our OWN things. To consume our own things

Cheki kitu kama hii sasa. Who is Gilbey? As a Kenyan you are enriching a British lord somewhere. Former colonial masters.

This is a Diageo product sold under licence. Every bottle you buy the queen gets richer. Hii ndio kuuza nchi sasa.

As a Kenyan you should be drinking our OWN alcohol. Mama Odhiambo Chang’aa… finest chang’aa in East Africa.

Or Kakamega Blue… finely brewed Busaa. Or Muratina Gold…

But the rulers of Kenya have made our own things illegal.

Not yet Uhuru, Jaramogi said. We just exchanged white Britons for African Britons.

:D:D:D:D:D poa sana

Actually western media is very much capable of mharo .Just a different kind of it where they start with a conclusion then backfill convenient facts and anecdotes.
Think of it this way, a semi interested journalist is given a 500 word assignment by an equally bored editor about the nexus of corruption and investment in Africa; quick Internet search yields countless results;copy paste,then find a willing civil activist accomplice to share more tripe and voila,assignment done. Now he can go back to write about that fancy startup in silicon valley that he is really interested in.
Am not saying there is no truth in that article, just that the truth has not been given a fair shake. For example ,that Calvin Burgess story,if you bark up that tree you might be surprised at what comes of it.

what do you make, pray do tell,oh great preacher?

Jubilidiot what does what I earn have to do with the matter at hand?!!

I did not ask what you earn,I asked what you manufacture ,keeping with your sermon you know. How about you make a phone,I promise I won’t buy. What does being a jubilidiot have to do with the matter at hand?

Labor costs.
A super market cashier in Kenya wanalipwa upwards of and over $300, while in Tanzania more skilled and demanding positions take home even less.

So we trust your word not theirs? Ya Burgess usibonge I know that story. Raila and co did their thing. You are a govt apologist.

Samsung in Kenya will not happen, the ship sailed. They already signed the dotted lines while wewe anasema Bado wana bonga.

Tecno was to set up shop in Kenya then moved to Ethiopia. Same scenario

Si unaskiaga serikali ya Muthamaki imeguzwa, you lose your mind. Kijana yenu.

You know CS Matiangi was Minister of ICT then when Samsung came calling :D.

Lakini pia hii story is not complete, this is just one version. They also paid the same in Ethiopia. It didn’t work here when they found out their local dealership has been stealing $ millions from them every year for a decade. That’s why soon after Samsung changed its dealership in Kenya. Then for KCR 1000 name the politician who tried to get this big dealership during the change. He failed miserably. He has no record on having a big distribution network and under due diligence it become clear in his business his suppliers don’t get paid.

Sitaki kuguess

Out of the blue RAT started talking about South Korea and how he is offering himself to mediate between them and North Korea for peace:D. He thought that would help along the process. However spectra is in debts and doesn’t pay suppliers. Dealership transferred from one Asian family business to another.

[ATTACH=full]231400[/ATTACH]sija soma, but Colombo finest +miraa ya wasepre, soma ukabila ilhali tuelewane

Padre hutoa beer3 muximum, kwani mlifunzwa

hata sio wewe nilikuwa naambia. I was speaking generally. My level of thinking is beyond your level of interpretation.

Sasa ukiongeza hio mihadarati hapo… Mungu akusaidie.

You’re so good at propaganda and hearsay. Hio upuss unasema hapo kwenda danganya wakale wa huko Chapalungu nayo. Ati Raila to mediate between North and South Korea? Kama nani? Can you quote any credible source of your information? No company can survive without paying suppliers, they will be digging themselves into death. Take your L and sit down!

To solve this issue you just have to think like a multinational corporation seeking to set a plant in Kenya. For such like a venture to fail lazima somebody big in Govt wanted the cut and used the official as a medium.