Nakumatt Woes

Long overdue!
I think Chandarana would make a great replacement .

2 Likes

There is one mall, Spurs on Thika road next to NIBS, still under construction, I wonder the market target

2 Likes

Not heard of this version.

1 Like

Sometimes back it used to be the other way round , Game had very minimal traffic as most flocked to Nakumatt to buy BLUE LABEL.

1 Like

And the buggers did a very shoddy job on the exits from Thika Road .Anyway they should visit Juja City Mall for bench marking after which they will re purpose the mall to somehting else.

Be nice!

What about a hotel coming up in Dubai?

Allegedly from the Nakumatt heirs who could not differentiate operating capital from profits.

that mall is on the wrong side of the road ā€¦it should be on the other side of the road

1 Like

Its a big opportunity for other supermarket players. Kuna shopping malls with very high footfall kama junction, prestige na TRM where landlord na other small tenants wamechoka na Nakumatt mbaya. The moment they are able to shake themselves free off lease ya Nakumatt, another co. will just take the space

1 Like

Kama anchor tenant ako mbaya he may go down with the entire mall. Case in point Uchumi at Capital Centre

2 Likes

most Kenyans dont identify with that kind of upmarket shopping. Smaller supermarkets mtaani are doing well. TRM nakummat doing bad but naivas mountain mall doing well at least from the surface. Shida iko kwao sio kwa market. Ata mimi siku hizi nafanya shoppingkwa small supermarkets. Those huge malls with funny security systems that dont serve any purpose are just repugnant to the common person.

3 Likes

i heard in the morning news, the Uganda Revenue Authority, has started the auction of perishable goods from Nakumatt (2 branches). I just pitied them

very tureā€¦ actually wale wasee wa duka especially in upcoming towns are converting thier dukas to supermarkets or mini-marts and they are doing good.

2 Likes

hizo mini supermarket ni kama ziko na pesa mzuri they rarely close down

1 Like

Do you propose they uproot, haul and establish it on the other side of the road? Sorry, I get it. You are used to relocating vibanda za coca cola. Ainā€™t working? No problem. Just move it!!!

Hizo malls itabidi ziconvert into cheap offices so that kina @Deorro waache kuoperatia kwa bedsitters. Na effects za Jumia pia, the other day I was to lazy that I ordered 500g sunlight na mafuta ya kupika from Jumia.

5 Likes

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hehehe mimi huishi a few meters away from Tumaini Supa na Maasai mall shopping naenda tym nataka

2 Likes

The hotel is not yet finished, it is also facing cash flow problems.

Enyewe labda ni mimi sielewi economy na market ya Kenya, ju sioni vile hizi mall zote ziko currently zinajilipia. Even if Nakumatt na Uchumi were at their best, wateja watatoka wapi wa kushikilia all malls? Na biz ingine naona ikienda hivi ni ya office blocks; kwanza ukipanda na Westi kuna mob sana with less than 50%occupancy, nakuna construction bado zinaendelea. Honestly naona hii real estate ni kusafisha pesa chafu tu; ile day EACC/KRA wataichunguza poa ndio tutajua.

3 Likes

Iko suggestion I read someone said that Next Gen Mall should be converted to a doctors plaza. Which I think is a god idea.

1 Like