New Rugby body Kenya Rugby League unveils its full board. Quicks Nyakwaka and Charles Cardovillis

Wipe the hate off your face coz it is written allover,my fact remains despite your bringing unrelated issue onto the main topic.
How many players are in a football team,out of all those is it only him to represent the rest of the tribes while the others comprise of the obvious?

In those atleast you’ll hear kuna a Kyuk or a Kisii once in a while or a maasai

You know that’s a lie

Did we ever have a time when moi had over 3 kales in cabinet?

Why are getting emotional?? And for your information the main topic here is that a new rugby body has been unveiled. Instead of sticking to this, your here yapping about jangos and lunjes… You wipe the hate out of your face!

@Micymas why go scouting further away from the most natural nucleus of talent? Its not like they have the luxury of funds to support scouting. And dont forget these guys periodically host trials at various stadia nationwide which they go check on the local and school talent.

so @Kimakia, someone who probably doesn’t know how to form a scrum is busy lecturing us about Kenyan rugby…sawa tu

That is a big myth, talent is distributed fairly equally throughout kenya

Boss am not petty like you.I was a player once and I know what happen in that scene.An issue becomes an issue when it touches on the western people but you want to trod allover everyone else.I spent a good time with KCB team so I know what happens

Hahah

Like i said pointing tribalism practiced by the westerners and lake fellas side is a sin.
I was there and served my time and learnt my lessons.
That bespectacled chairman was the source of all evil in the game,if at all you know who am talking about

Why on earth is Ben Ayimba still part of that team?
Aren’t there better people.They should have put Dennis Mwanja atleast the fella new what he was doing?
Anyway you have managed to pull me to your level for now.Deep down i know what i said is true,can’t run away from it.

Sawa boss…

on dennis kolia mwanja am with you…he deserves to be the next 7s coach…past and present players agree…apparently he’s a good tactician, motivator and is well respected by players due to his achievents as a player and coach

@mikel @Kimakia didnt ayimba win us a 7s leg singapore? That wasnt luck…his stint as the 7s coach wasnt that bad, neither was mike fridays. Siwezi comment on mwanjas coaching skills coz sijui.
Wah…first time im hearing that about the bespectacled chairman…all i know was that he had links with big rugby playing schools in western kenya…he welcomed everyone but had a preference for players from hizo area because of their physiques and natural ability.

look up for mwanja kolia on Kenya sevens rugby Facebook…there was actually a discussion about his credentials and all were in agreement that he has been the coach to beat for the last few years…he’s done very well with his club…they are the current champions.
On rugby shifting to western we attribute it to schools like kakamega high, chavakali, maseno, yala and nakuru high…they have dominated rugby for close to 20years now. Remember nakuru rfc winning the league in a row? look at where they sourced their players then see how they performed…most deserved a place in the 7s and 15s though they later ended up in Nairobi clubs…this killed nakuru clubs. Sai we have the likes of kcb and kabras, their team squads look like a roll call at kamusinga or maseno school. I honestly don’t know the current politics when it comes to team selection but Western region is reaping big because of the strides they have made in the last 20years…kids are now learning about rugby in primary and high schools have taken rugby as serious as they usually take other sports…it’s no longer an elite sport.

I totally agree with you on that, yes western province schools have taken up the sport and dominated in it so well, unlike today or in the recent past we had teams comprising of guys from other regions, I remember we had several guys from Kangaru, Meru school and such.
You would spot also very good players from other communities, the likes Gibson Weru, Kanyi, Ndeda, Anampiu, Onsotti, and many others, they came and did their part so well, this would prove that other areas could produce good players too, instead of Richard Omwela scouting for more plays of such caliber all over Kenya, he chose to go the easy way to handpick from the Western and Nyanza.
To date, I don’t think you’ll even get a single one coming from other regions other than the two I have mentioned.

Leaving that aside, even with the biased selection, the players have been good. They have lifted the Kenyan flag high.

Now my question would be, looking at the likes of Khayange, Oscar Osir, Mutai, Muniafu, Injera, we all know what they did for the team, do you just dump them after their time is done.

They are the kind who should be taking up such a leadership position not recycling the same old guys.

At least the last I checked on Gibson Weru he was coaching a Nakuru team and I think he has won several titles.

I know you know the talks that go on that rugby offices corridor, this is our sport, of course, those saying that are from the same village back in Kachmega, reason why Mwangi Muthee left as soon as he joined

Are you Kenyan or Malawian?

6/26
Kenyatta was worse

Now you’re changing tune after being caught. It’s okay

The reason why I chose not to engage him/her

I know Gibson weru very well…nakuru born and bred…was a really good player for nakuru day but unfortunately at that time all rift valley teams were in the shadows of nakuru high. Don’t use names to guess where these players come from…weru has a name from central but he’s a mnyore damu…he’s learnt his craft in nakuru with the likes of enos otieno, Allan omuyaku “shpare”, jotham owili and late Erick situma. Dude even speaks more luhyia than kiuk due to the environment he trained and played…but I agree all players should be considered and not just those supposedly from western kenya…though currently a majority of those from western deserve their chances…in the 90s the likes of khayange and his brothers…or even the likes of mwanja would never have made it to national teams due to the schools they came from…back then players from central and Nairobi schools were highly favoured, and for a good reason
on the issue of coach we have a number of them who merit a chance…but so far mwanja is ahead of the rest though I understand he’s not interested