New Zimbabwe leader is a dimwit who has started to undo Mugabe reforms

Even when given training, for some, the priority will always be maize and beans.Ahero, Bunyala, Bura and other schemes in Kenya where we used modern equipment and the moment the schemes collapsed, they reverted to their previous habits, They cannot do commercial farming without Serekali providing everything.hawawezi jinunulia.

As if you don’t know anglo-leasing was owned by his friends, akina Jimmy Wanjigi?

Land ni kila kitu. Barons world over hold on to land. Brazil, SA, USA, UK… it’s good that other factors of production like employment, entrepreneurship have emerged however they cannot downplay the importance of land as a store of value.

Of course I know. But follow the refusal to pay up to the point of taking it to an international court. Don’t just payuka with insubstantial matters.

They may be friends, but Uhuru refused to pay. He was sued internationally and the govt lost the case. He was forced to pay or Kenya’s assets abroad were going to be attached to that debt and the financial system would not lend to Kenya because it doesn’t pay its debts.

Alma kidogo tu.

This is exactly what led to hyper inflation. although your blanket low opinion is not true for kenya.

The fight for independence was mainly about self determination. Our land policy would result from that self determination. It may not be perfect but we made better choice. It was the foundation of the right to property.

I will support your hypothesis if Dominion farms follows the same fate.

He may not please everyone

I believe we can use it better, hii story ya fragmenting one acre by mzazi ndo kila kijana apate pa kujenga is holding us back.

R.S.A is a time bomb. its funny you think africans were better under apartheid

Tony blair is the the cause of all this mess. why buy land that was seized from your forefathers

The anger that pushed for fight for Independence was confiscation of lands by kaburu. When you have lands under your control then self determinism comes.

Agree to disagree

I never said Africans were better under Apartheid, but under that system, they did transition from being land obsessors to urban dwellers.
Not over land it isn’t! Over employment ,Yes, but the current generation of Black South Africans have zero interest in Agriculture. I only know one state where there are land issues, and that state is less than 4% White i.e Eastern Cape. The only White farmers there own Karro scrubland ranches while Africans have ll the good lands but Eastern Cape is ruled by a buch of retards akin to our own African leaders

You forget that Dominion is not the first company to ever reclaim part of that swamp. The Lake Basin Development Authority had an irrigation scheme there right up to the 1980s covering around 2000 hectares. When it collapsed, the only signs that it once existed was the dyke between Lake Kanyaboli and the Yala river

That was wrong , we struck a bad deal we were played, period!!
Since when did the law( mzungu law ) allow one to benefit from the proceeds of stolen property??
If you stole my car, pimped it up, do you think the courts would ask me to compensate you for the cost of pimping???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The schemes belonged to the government, and farmers have no ownership of the process. They would need to own much of the process. The Gov absence leaves them stranded or lost on what to do; reverting to the process they understand.

Then our obsession with land subdivision into “plots.” Subdivision only diminishes land value.

if we had refused, the White Highlands would exist to this day and our class of Europeans were not landless peasants from some English, Irish and Greek backwater like Zimbabwe, the vast majority were of the Officer class that fought World War 1, they would not have let go so easily and backed by their mother country, we would have had Mau Mau 2.0 in an era when nuclear bombs had just been created

They used a form of indentured indigenous labor to develop the land, made profits from the land for almost half a century. A loan to compensate the white farmers was to be repaid by Kenyans who were indentured laborers during colonial times and their offspring’s.

When you lease a farm for 25yrs, you are expected to pay a lease fee; upon end of lease period you are not paid any compensation for developing the farm because you took a profit during the duration of your tenure. European settlers took the farms by the gun, they should have paid some compensation as well, as they had already committed a gross injustice and acts of human violation.

Slave owners were also compensated after they set the slaves free, a rather troubling mentality. No compensation to slaves or indentured labourers is ever mind – to allow them sick start commercial farming.