Nightmares when quiting Alcohol

Quitting cold turkey after heavy prolonged drinking can be very dangerous and even lead to death. However, it does work for some people. Just take it one day at a time, but listen to your body. Withdrawal symptoms can last up to a month, but eventually your body detoxifies itself. But if it gets too bad, see a doctor ASAP.

For me, I tried reducing my intake pole pole but that was a major fail. I’d buy a quarter whiskey, finish it up and get buzzed kidogo. Halafu I’d go out and get a 350 ml . So I decided to quit cold turkey. Eventually I managed.

As for insomnia, I was advised to take “Melatonin.” Google it. It’s a naturally occurring hormone that helps reset the sleep - wake cycle. This worked wonders for me. Since it’s naturally produced in the body, there’s no risk of addiction unlike pharmaceutical options.

You’re already on the right track, so don’t stop trying. It’s not going to be a walk in the park, but jikaze. Wishing you all the best chief!

Thanks all for the well structured advice.
And for the humor :smiley:
2nd day still strong, main symptoms zimelost, my eyes are that kalight pink in color, nimekuwa water kama 20 litres hivi, still no sleep, sibambuki…

Mimi every weekend lazima nilewe na niingize maraya kwa mix, how do I quit when these two (fobe na ngono) are my hobbies?

Great advice. I quit 2 years ago and I’ve never looked back. Exercise helps and once you start seeing gains, it becomes addictive.
I’ve also learnt to have fun bila alcohol. I can go to clubs hang out with friends and not be tempted though I don’t stay for long.

Actually, the vivid nightmares are a sign the dude has been sleeping drunk and having no real dreams but bigger issues:

Many people use alcohol to help them sleep. During the first part of the night, it increases non-REM sleep (including deep sleep) and suppresses REM sleep (when most dreams occur). But as the blood alcohol level drops, the reverse happens: sleep is shallower and waking more frequent, which means more dream recall, and more REM sleep, leading to vivid dreams and nightmares. This poor sleep can then make you tired and want to repeat the drinking the next night.

Tafuta mwoman anapenda lomboto… Piga yeye muti cku mbili… U won’t b doing this to please urself but do it as an exercise… Utasweat pombe iishe kwa mwili… Na upende zoezi… The body will rejuvenate and natural sleeping patterns will b restored