Nissan patrol

It is not always the case brathe, some sleepers out there maintain for a long period of time. If physics elemental principles are followed, you can tune a vehicle to perform better and last longer. But you have to know what you are doing.

1 Like

Two important apsects .:):):slight_smile:

Resale value should be the preoccupation of car hire companies, taxis and car bazaars. A car is not a plot that is bought and held speculatively to appreciate in value; it is an asset that adds value when consumed.

3 Likes

tuliambiwa gari hazina resale value tuachane nazo :frowning: ni mbaya

I have noted that we are having more and more Nissans on our roads than before yet it is said it has no resale value.

Exactly.
My friend here is making blanket statements.
Doing mods is like grafting plants. You find a diff with better drive ratios you fit, you get a hub that does disc brakes you fit, you get a snorkel so you can drive in water you fit, you get a 5-speed manual gearbox that can replace an archaic 3-speed automatic you fit, you get a cold air intake you fit.
Stock does not mean best.
My cars are older than I am and they are daily drivers that haul even better than stock.

5 Likes

Kuna moja iko na resale naletewanga pesa hata kama sitaki kuuza

1 Like

Highly modded is what i am talking about .The Nissan patrol on that video at stock is less than 400BHP but it has been highly modded to produce 1900BHP.Nionyeshe daily driver kama hiyo and i will disappear from here or have my status changed to NV.I (and the rest of K talkers) respect your car tech knowledge/understanding very much.

Sawa na asante.
The mods are for a reason. This Patrol has clearly been dolled up for quarter mile dashes. Definitely not a daily driver.

1 Like

by the way it is fitted with a GTR engine and drive train… basically a nissan patrol shell mounted on a GTR

Hard to tell.
If he wanted to retain 4wheel drive function he might have used the old transmission.
NISSAN GTR is monocoque. I don’t think you can mount a foreign body on it.

1 Like

so it is all about quantity not quality, who owns a big azz car

A car has uses outside luxury and compensating dick size: Good off-road capabilities, power in acceleration, smooth shifting, all wheen drive, slip differential etc etc.

1 Like

He who dies with the most toys wins @Shaka

It is because of people’s ridiculous and insatiable appetite for Toyotas. Mazdas are also comparable cars, but resale value iko chini. Value is determined by supply and demand. The average Kenyan has very little objective info on cars and car brands. Putting ignorance and spending power in so many potential road users result in a skewed market.

Ask yourself a simple question: why don’t people who know more about cars - experienced mechanics, racers, petrol heads and motor enthusiast - not go for the premios, and fielders?

3 Likes

Yesterday at Haiti, someone walks up to me as I was adding a cross member to the chassis and tells me to sell my jalopy and buy a Prado like his.
I gave him a fatal mental RKO.
Saitan!
[ATTACH=full]90041[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Usiwe na shaka, Prado itampa hio RKO akichapa corner pale Mai Mahiu. Groundie reloaded.

3 Likes

GTR imefikisha 1900 BHP?. Juu siamini.

I agree that you can only do upgrades to a certain level. A 190 Hp Toyoda can probably handle 250 or 300 HP. but you go up to 800 HP and conflicts, especially in the drive train and braking, arise. by the way if you find an auto toyoda with 1.5L up to 2.0L options, the 2.0 L does not brake properly. Braking distance becomes poorer unless you put it to neutral every time you are braking.

1 Like

Brathe that may not be entirely true.
Engine displacement does not relate much with braking distance, and designers and manufacturers are unlikely to put a 2.0 cc engine in a 1.5 cc engine car without mods to the suspension and braking system.

Shifting to neutral while driving is totally unnecessary because in most new Japanese vehicles, the torque converter disengages the engine below predetermined RPM levels. Shifting that way wears your transmission and does almost nothing to slow down your car, not to mention the risk to “overshift” to reverse. You’d better take your chances lifting your foot off the accelerator and jamming the brakes. Shifting to neutral while coasting takes control of the vehicle off you and is risky to other road users.

1 Like