NMG profit falls 94% from Sh. 856 million to Sh. 48 million

Discipline kijana, naingia huku 30th kama mshahara. Sina time ya kubishana na akina @Azor Ahai about the same old topics of the last decade.

Impressive. I’m impressed. Although I’d admit that’s largely due to your cynical portrayal of Azor Ahai.

Kijana. Kumbe bado uko huku. Tuma number nikutumie pesa ya soda.

You can only go LONG kwa stocks listed on the NSE .

Nimejua leo

Nimeangalia apparently hakuna any derivatives market kwa NSE

NMG should have used their superior media position to pivot into other e-media businesses …
the problem with these huge corporates is that they get too comfortable to change…

Unaeza trade futures NSE lakini to get a seat on the trading floor goes for around 200 k ,I don’t know if they have adjusted the prices though, overall NSE bado wako nyuma sana compared an other exchanges, one cannot short, one cannot trade on margin, registration is a nightmare, they don’t support day trading , broker fees iko juu sana. I hope they change, this can be an avenue for massive employment and wealth generation they way NYSE and NASDAQ has been to Americans.

That fighting of the digital migration was the dumbest move

Change is sometimes quite painful

There’s still room to grow in TV but they would have to get out of Nairobi.

TV is being replaced by Mobile.

Biashara zingine weh, yani from revenue ya 6.8 B you make 48m? that’s 0.007 % close that shit

Mobile TV is still TV.

Not even getting out, they should start bringing interesting content and pay good money for good TV content. You wonder how in this century you can expect the best content is inspekta Mwala in Citizen TV, Churchill show, etc while Netflix are spending a lot of money to create and buy major TV series. Even DSTV Maisha Magic is airing very good Kenyan TV series and Movies, while local TV is stuck with inspekta Mwala, Tahidi High

Yaani kinyozi na gymn in America are making more money than the once venerable NMG.

…and looong unnecessary breaks

Very true they opted for paywall rather than freemium and it will be there downfall. Google and Facebook are great example of freemium model where they offer their services for free in exchange for your private information which they sell to advertisers hence make billions. People aren’t much concerned about their privacy esp when you present with a long worded consent form to accept, they just scroll down and accept T&C. Paywalls work of the service or content is really really great such as the likes of Spotify.
However, NMG content is old, full of politics nothing worth your time. Their TV shows are just next to what KBC offers. YouTube is even worth your time esp if you use adblocks. Netflix content is way better then there is CBS and the rest.

they will recover, their online investments are pretty solid, they are on the right path