Not Yet Azania

Kenyatta is the worst thing that ever happened to Kenya!!!

Poor South African negroes, they do not have a leader with even half -the-balls of comrade Robert Mugabe!

I have to agree, very grudgingly though.

The Kenyatta’s are on the limelight for owning much land just because they are the first family. I know of a family that owns thousands of hectares of land which according to me are not fully utilized like they should. The late guy who owned the land happened to have been a ‘manager’ during the colonial times. When the whites were leaving, it is told that the guy took the land from them promising he will send them cash after selling the land. The guy took all the land to himself and never sent even a single cent. How they expected him to transfer cash in those days is a topic for another day.

The reason why Ivory Coast is the largest cocoa producer on Earth is because they actually asked some French ‘aliens’ to advance that sector.
Our agriculture would not be where it is were it not for the likes of Delamere.
South Africa is able to be a major food exporter as the Whites use the latest technology and have large tracts of land.
Subdivide that they will either end up with high prices like us or become inefficient like Zimbabwe

No problem. Bottom line: an African must OWN HIS land, then he MAY LEASE it to the whites or the chinese, if he has any DIGNITY left.

That’s what Zimbabweans did as well but found out they couldn’t plant and eat DIGNITY in the end .

Where in the world has that model worked anyway ? Didn’t the people in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, starve after the same thing happened there. Didn’t the USSR have trouble feeding its population when it collectivized the farms. Same deal happened in China, Cuba, Cambodia, North Korea, and Venezuela plus several other African countries.

It’s like taking land from Kikuyus and Luhyas and giving it to Maasai expecting they will farm much better .

Stop misleading us, that land was unoccupied, it was a jungle just like the way githurai was, kasarani, garden estate… Kenyatta never took occupied areas owned by locals he just took the land white man had developed and used it for farming.

What do you mean by unoccupied?

How is Delamere helping Kenya?

Pastoralism economy needed huge tracks of land which was held communally.
Also the argument that others are pushing that because mzungu knows farming he should be allowed to keep lands that he stole is faulty. If someone invaded your home and brought a big TV that the family enjoyed watching, does that give him the right to continue living there?

Who said DIGNITY equals FOOD, my fren?

We get too obsessed with the Kenyatta’s, yet the only own a small fraction of the land, by focusing on them we fail to see the greater picture.

Msitu, jungle, forest…

Exactly. We use them as a scapegoat

You dont come, steal my shirt beat me in the process and insist that you keep it just because you look good in it.
Its not just about the land, it’s what it represents. Land in Africa is more than the soil. Its our ancestors its what makes one die in America and be brought home to be burried

Allow me to put your argument here in other words: if you are a poor man who is struggling to feed his wife and four children, and you have a fabulously rich neighbour who can endlessly “spoil” your family (yourself included) by providing them whatever they wished for in life, then as a poor man you are better off (read should) letting the wealthy man take your house, wife and children and look after them for you…Absolute nonsense!

Daaamn

A small fraction???Do u know their land in Kenya is the size of Rwanda? Moreso they took the productive land that now sits idle on their hands!

Kenyans are headed there economically as well. Consumerism is driving us there steadily where Kenyans consume (and thus enrich foreigners) but we do not produce (manufacturing/industrialization) to keep wealth in Kenya. If anyone has been following recent acquisitions one can see a steady trend that a large section of Kenya’s economy and possibly large tracts of land (through corporate bodies) could wind up in the hands of foreigners. With transfer pricing and other sophisticated tax avoidance measures, its quite likely the taxman only gets a drop in the ocean. Just a few mentions of proposed or often substantial shareholding where the company is “Kenyan” but the foreign ownership is significant:

Unga Group - Seaboard (American)
Java - UAE
Carrefour - UAE
Safaricom - 40% UK + additional unknown % in foreign hands
Auto Springs East Africa - Norway
Mentor Management Limited - UK
Chase Bank - Mauritius
YMR - UK
Air Connection - Swiss