NTSA

They’re allowed to do that. Once sirens and ‘cherry’ lights are on, ni kama ambulence or fire engine. They are allowed to use the wrong side

As per NTSA, enforcement of the law means harassing road users.

[MEDIA=facebook]1614945348566104[/MEDIA]

Explain this one.
[ATTACH=full]144590[/ATTACH]

Is this a video???

No, just a picture… The car is being chased by ntsa

People will not change (okay, maybe they will change to a negligible extent)…police will become richer coz they’ll ask for heavier bribes to avoid heavier sentences. We are ferked up as a society. Juzi there was an Embasava driver who was driving fast and recklessly kuulizia I was informed that he just came from serving a seven year sentence (he only served on year!!!) for careless driving which resulted in the death of a pedestrian. Obviously, the sentence that the ferker served did not drive some sense into his stupid head.
Let us try to be good and safe drivers on our roads, each of us in our own small ways. Tukingoja NTSA we will all perish.

Anafaa nyahunyo akishikwa kwanza, what rubbish is that

You cannot cure terminal ailments if chronic ones are beyond you, if NTSa is going to get the.job done they must begin with the basics, start with having matatus stop at bus stops only, stop overlapping, reinstall speed governors, put back seat belts, move over to trucks, have them park away from the roads, bar the unroadworthy from the roads, move over to nduthis, we must start with the little things

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ6D765WsAAspS1.jpg

Are these your words?

There is nothing wrong with the sachangwan-salgaa section…infact that road is smooth and well demarcated. Shida kubwa ni bin adam. Tame rogue drivers = reduced carnage

My observations.
Limuru -Maai Mahiu and Salgaa - Mau Summit are both on the edge of Rift Valley(escarpments).
Limuru -Maai Mahiu
Accidents do occur on the Kikuyu escarpment but not as frequent as Mau escarpment. There are more trucks on this section than PSV vehicles headed to Narok/Bomet/Kisii/Homabay/Migori.
The road has concrete edge barriers on some dangerous sections. Funny enough, no climbing lanes on this road so should a lane be blocked by a stalled truck, long traffic jams that take forever to clear ensue.
Salgaa- Mau Summit.
The Mau escarpment is marked and has climbing lanes. Lots of PSVs and trucks too. The section frequently witnesses deadly accidents.

Seems separating trucks from the other light vehicles does help. Climbing lanes tend to be misused by impatient drivers going downhill.
My other theory is that while at the Kikuyu escarpment, trucks are heavily laden and going downhill thus careful. The empty trucks (most)are going uphill so can’t speed much(might be a reason climbing lane was omitted). At Mau Escarpment, it’s the opposite, heavy trucks going uphill(climbing lanes) while the empty trucks who want to pilfer fuel engage free gear and roll downhill to save fuel coupled with impatient drivers overtaking at blind corners resulting to accidents.
Anyway Chief Trucker(with million kilometres and decades of road hours on the A104), First VS, ES, PhD in FTA @Meria Mata can correct my assumptions and keyboard theories. cc @amun

100% ukweli wa mambo

Well said but that section needs a barrier at the middle of the rd.
[ATTACH=full]144806[/ATTACH]
Meanwhile, wezi wametoka kukanjana loot kwa kichaka

Assholes na walinishika jana along Turbo Webuye road for precisely that, sema pesa wa weekend kuzama, next time sitasimama heri kesi baadae

Their role is to make, nay mint, money. Period!

I used to be a reckless driver when in Kenya before I moved on. I caused 3 accidents of which I hurt myself by hitting electric pole, falling into a ditch and hitting another vehicle. I still went to court and because of my dad i got away with it .
Fast foward I went to where I am right now , I had those habits from kenya and had my licence suspended for 2 weeks because of many tickets (fines) after living here for only 6 months .
I was crippled and helpless and would beg rides from friends and riding buses during bitter cold. I learnt my lesson bitterly . When it got reinstated after doing some humiliating community service and mandatory class training, I held on to it like my life depends on it . It’s been more than 18 Years and I have never had a ticket . Hope you get my drift.
So I came to home recently and saw how people behaved on roads and I felt sad for them. Some people take pride in doing these offenses but trust me you end up hurting yourself and people who care for you . So back to your point we need to try these because it’s feasible in Kenya, people that have been affected with these accidents -victims , parents and all should be in NTSA Board and not gloating fecal smeared people who dont know anything about being hurt in an accident . All you need is willing institution to implement these changes . Cc my queen @Purple

Okay…it makes sense. But it will be hard because we are all selfish and reckless. At least where you are I’m sure most people are responsible and hence it is easy to isolate few mad people and deal with them proper, but if the whole community is like that, what do you do?
If you introduced that in Kenya, it’s the police and NTSA who would grow richer due to bigger bribes.

That’s where sometimes I say it’ s the curse of our black skin . We need to rise above that .