Nurses strike

true doc, for example @ malindi hospital on a normal day at the hospital 8 to 10 caesars are done and its for free remember. svd deliveries too range from 20 to 40 daily, last week passed by tawfiq hospital,the biggest private hospital in the area and it was a pitiful scene. A normal delivery is 15k na unalipa kwa gate, cs 70k. The gate is full of women wailing and crying for help na hawana pesa…ila on the flipside Dr Rakesh my good friend told me he is making a killing, wound cleaning and dressing ni 5k haha.

1 Like

Very true. And devolution made many retreat into their (tribal?) cocoons so mobilizing for issues that cut across the board and affect the whole nation is made that much more difficult.

1 Like

This country is slowly becoming a banana republic. Some people in GOK might be trying to run down public hospital so that the private hospital they own or their friends own can benefit. Juzi tu some people in GOK tried to sell Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company to a french company and nothing has been done to the culprits.

1 Like

Water service are under the city council, If Kidero represent GOK then I am living in a alternate universe.

CoG said they don’t have the money required to implement the CBA=impasse.
However the other day i was reliably informed on this forum that money to pay doctors and nurses comes from the central government… So can we also blame jubilee for this or…

By GOK I meant the people governing us. Watu wako government kukula and they are busy cannibalizing various parastatals and sectors of the government. We all know the saga behind the privatisation of Telkom Kenya, Kenya Railways etc. Juzi to KCC was going down the same path, but they put their privatizations plans on hold.

During the last doctors strike, the former Health CS Cleophus Mailu said on TV that if doctors in the public hospitals are paid the same as those in private hospitals, the private hospitals in Kenya will collapse.

1 Like

Unfortunate comments by a person who should be looking for a solution.

nurses are very fortunate they never received the kind of bile doctors received during our 100 day strike.

Very. Na mshahara pia.

1 Like