Nyeri: a stagnant, rusty and under-developed town

Wacha tu…

Nyeri is barren wasteland on the leeward side of mt kenya. Its cold and never really rains, but drizzles. No economic activity at all. No tea, no coffee, no cattle, no food crop, no nothing. Kuzaana nayo ndio hiyo. This is the original cause of mungiki and the epic scale of prostitution.

Kuharibu maneno wanawake ni wanaume hivi Hivi from body shape to behaviour. Shoulders ni wide sana for most chicks, butt ni flat for most too, and boobs are usually big. You wanna run away to far away lands if you stay there for a month. Ni heri ocha.

The reality is that nyeri actually thrives on goverment money. The place is well connected. Kibaki injected money there using the kimathi university project and some other stuff. Every year there is an obvious injection of money through the university in the order of billions. By government and students.

Before 2010, the town closed at 6.pm and at seven you could be arrested for loitering or being mungiki who ruled the town then. It then used to close on sunday, and there would be a lock on every shop entrance. Its one hell of a boring place and there are only empty bars everywhere. The bars are kept afloat by prostitutes, not beer. Everything is expensive as traders try to make a kill with the few sales.

It is also true that the people who own nyeri, the better part of it, are not more than ten.

The other problem is epic lack of style. Goodluck finding a properly finished house to let. Ndio hizo nyumba @ndume anacomplain. Enda ukanunue sofa utapata stuff material poa lakini imeshonwa ovyo ovyo. Hapo unaweza okolewa na naivas ama maathai supermarkets. Hoteli mob chakula ni expe na ni ovyo. Anyway, finese is lost on people there.
ANYONE WHO KNOWS NYERI NA ANATAKA KUPINGA ATOE STORI YAKE

1 Like

If you go to live in Nyeri for the first time, you should take things slowly. The common thugs will most probably target you for mugging if you look unfamiliar. This occurs mostly outside pubs in the estates. Everbody else, including the pub owner, knows they are muggers except you. Still, the region around Nyeri has very good resorts. One such place opened past university before you reach mweiga.

i

I live there na huo ni uongo

1 Like

uliniona nikiuza ladies’ shoes hapo karibu na whispers park…hustle yangu ya weekend:D:D:D:D

Hehehehhe. You must be a Nyerian. Hutaki katao kenu kaharibiwe jina.

Hahahaha first time yangu huko. Wewe ndio ulikuwa yule jamaa wa mungiki red eyes wa fiatu fya madem?

not very sure about that my dear…kiambu kikuyu wouldn’t be that diff’t as to be discernible to elicit pseudohostility…it is not like he was speaking ki-Ndia or Ki-Ngariama…I believe.

3 Likes

now it is free of aggressive mungiki activities, it used to be before Michuki malizad them. They made that makutiland club at meeting point to collapse by killing watchmen and targeting revellers. That place used to be the only big place you could go at night. That was before white rhino, happy times and banana leaf. Those mungiki thugs used to descend there with their malaya girls from majengo and spend all the time dancing without buying anything. At the same time they would be trying to start small fights with patrons on the dancing floor. If you made poor judgement and fell to their scheme, they would steal everything from you.

Mungiki ilizimwa lakini last time I checked last year. It retreated to karatina Where they killed 30 people in one night in 2012 or thereabouts. Before 2010, they ruled the place. Every business including corporations had to bribe or they would make sure you wouldnt operate. I dont know what happened to them. By last year when I was there for some time they were operating only in slums extorting from petty thieves. Probably big people like kibaki and others who own the place wouldnt tolerate their presence in town. So hapo wakakunja mkia wakaenda kusumbua maskini wenzao.

1 Like

hizo viatu hapo opposite hiyo bar iko upstairs ni zako?

The prostitutes drink the beer? who are their patyrons “in this dead town”?

had some good times in this town back in campus.pussay galore:):slight_smile:

hapana, sio mimi huyo…ukiona watu wa macho mekundu ulikuwa unatafuta fangi?

watu wa kupigwo na mabibi?hapo mimi siongei.na AVICII cheki hii maneno OPERA MINI IS VERY SLOW

who killed who? those killings in karatina and neighbouring kirinyaga finished mungiki as we knew them…

Thats strange. Kwa hii website pekee ama kwingine pia?

A tough prostitute kama wa nyeri anakunywa chai. Ako kazini hayuko entertainment. Akijaribu sana ni soda. Hadi bia inunuliwe na anybody willing to sit by her or call her to his table.

I think paying for rooms.

1 Like

Then how do the bar owners pay for their licences, rent juu tumeambiwa ni pros huweka these joints afloat?