Nyeri is 20 years behind Kiambu

I think Most aging Billionaires will treasure Nyeri.

As you age, you desire a laid back place where you can breath fresh air without the inconvinience of traffic, sky scrapers, and other development shenanigans.

I’d say, LET NYERI BE.

I think Maragua is the saddest and most backward town in Central

Until that day they learn their true history of mbari ya Thairû then calls of ancestral home narrative set by RiaRa gains momentum in centro…
These manenos only apply when we draw some benefits but regarded as hate speech when people are keeping the shyt real.
Kuleni foore foore, ona ndore mûtikaringe

Muranga is the home of of Kikuyu Billionaires yet it is in a sorry state.

Muranga Billionaires own a third of Nairobi buildings

That place is in a sombre mood always, pple look bored, hotels serve mediocre foods, no entertainment spots even on a weekend, very sad town indeed

even the shops look like there are no shop keepers very quiet and sullen building walls are dilapidated

Muranga is backward of all mt Kenya counties esp Kandara and Maragua(no fresh water ).Kenol town has no sewer line ,no market , garbages all over.

Si iyo parapara ikiisha kutagrow?

Dude, perspective is important. As a resident of Kia-mbuu(always drag the last u’s for proper effect), we are in a lot of ways just an offshoot of Nairobi. Many people work in Nairobi and go to Kiambu to sleep. Some would say to reach threshold lol. Procreation is necessary.

Nyeri was the provincial headquarters of Central Province. I don’t know the reason behind this decree but again it’s history as a commercial and administrative hub dates back to missionary days. So there is a potential the town fathers saw even in those early days.

I’m not sure you would want to consider the region as impoverished. Most residents get by with their economic activities. Most people are grappling with the depressed economic situation countrywide.

There are county and self help group projects all over that are attempting to change the fortunes of Nyerians. At the end of the day, many Central Kenya residents do not pin their hopes so much on the governments to change their situations.

That’s not to say we do not know what we deserve. My mother’s family is from Nyeri and the vibe I get from her side is that the county is blessed with some visionary leaders. It’s just a matter of time before the region reawakens.

Remember the national government has impressive plans of opening up far flung areas like Nanyuki and Isiolo. If Nyeri fails to capitalize on this new economic frontier don’t expect it to do it another time.

Just don’t expect tall buildings in Nyeri as a sign of change like in our Kiambu. Theirs will be more of individuals and households making breakthroughs in terms of increased disposable incomes.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

very mature response…first is acknowledgement si kama wengine wamenitusi for saying the truth… they need to deal with the social-economic problems like alcoholism and take advantage of jayden’s projects but for now na wadeal na rural-urban migration… e,g ukitoka karatina kabla uone civilization ni urudi kirinyaga ama uende sides za mukurweini or nyeri… its like one town here , you move 70km another town… we need many small centers…ukikosa change hapo katikati wewe kwisha. Otherwise i agree kabisa

Inaonekana your hometown imemulikwa. Sasa usideflect to other far flung areas. On a technical level, those areas are just the same as Nyeri. Kua na mvua hapo Nyeri doesn’t mask the fact.

Baruhya unajaribu kusema nini? Sikuelewi

Nduriri ciamwagiire gitiyo o riria mwajirie kuruma mwana wanyu uhuru nginya mugathie kuruma nyina icaweri. Handu ha haaro cianyu mûrûîre thiini wa nyumba no mutikaumie kûrî ndûrîrî. Nduriri cijiraga agikuyu matiri hakiri.

Mbona hauku prove vitu @Lordsavegery alisema ni uwongo.

There’s no rain in Nyeri that’s anything to talk about. You can’t compare Nyeri to Kakamega in terms of average rainfall per annum. Nyeri receives far less rainfall.

Mûthuri hau nî ma biu. Nitwagire mutwe biu. No mwenenyaga niarituhe mitwe ICA ikuhi

I am about to throw a cat among the pigeons.

[SIZE=4]As soon as their departure became imminent, the colonialists decided to leave the government in ‘safe’ hands. It so happened that Kiambu was the bedrock of collaborators. It is because of this fact that most of the post independence Agikuyu who found themselves in Govt were largely from Kiambu. They were mostly sons of colonial chiefs or homeguards e.g Mbiyu Koinange, James Gichuru, Munyua Waiyaki, Charles Njonjo, Benard Hinga etc. Nyeri on the other hand was largely the home of Mau Mau. Freedom fighters. Indeed, the most famous Mau Mau General, Dedan Kimathi, hailed from Nyeri. Another famous son of Nyeri, Mwai Kibaki (MHSRIP), was born in peasantry and only managed to get into Govt due to his academic brilliance.[/SIZE]
Exit Kenyatta enter Moi.
[SIZE=4]Moi’s ascension to the Presidency brought about 24 years of economic mismanagement. The community that the bore the brunt most was the Agikuyu. Agriculture, the mainstay of their economy, was brought down to its knees. Coffee and Tea prices fell to record lows due to negligence by the government. During this period, little to none economic development was experienced in Central Kenya. Nyeri and Nyandarua especially were largely under-developed due to their national under representation. For example, both Kibaki and J.M. Kariuki were considered outsiders by the Kiambu Mafia in Jomo’s government. James Gichuru once quipped,
“It is not by accident that Kiambu was made the seat of power, it is not that they like it, it is because the god of the Kikuyu decided that Kiambu would be the head, Murang’a the stomach and Nyeri the legs.”
In fact, after J.M. Kariuki was assasinated (by the Kiambu Mafia), the only notable Kikuyu who attended his funeral was Mwai Kibaki. At this point (and for obvious reasons), infrastructural development in Gikuyu land was mainly concentrated in Kiambu.[/SIZE]
Kibaki Tosha
[SIZE=4]After Mwai Kibaki became President, Kenya experienced rapid economic growth. This growth was felt across the country. Nyeri included. All of a sudden, there were roads, schools hospitals, markets, technical institutions e.t.c springing up in every corner of the country. What we consider ‘development’ today i.e. good roads, shopping centers, malls, modern housing etc. was largely as a result of the economic boom experienced under Kibaki.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Kiambu may be developed but it would be foolhardy to assume it is down to the common folk. Other than the reasons explained above, It just so happens most of it falls under Nairobi Metropolitan area. On most other socio-economic yardsticks, Nyeri performs better than Kiambu by a mile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Sample this>>
A recent study by the Kenya Bureau of Statistics shows that Nyeri has least no. of people considered ‘hardcore poor’ yani fukara.[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=full]434502[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=4]Nyeri is also one of four counties with 100% primary to secondary school transition.[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=full]434504[/ATTACH]

So when we talk about development, let’s talk numbers. And let’s travel more so that we appreciate our history. History may have handed you a favourable hand. Don’t gloat. Be humble.

Hee Ni Weeyy

Courses and effects
hakuna mmoja wetu anaweza kusema hatujapangwa na ujinga wetu wakuabudu wakora siasa?

I have traversed Central counties like Kiambu, Nyeri and Murang’a and they are far much ahead of other counties courtesy of the pre-moi admin. The only limitation is land.

Stop bedub

Stop bedubbing samburu,pokot and NFDs here for no apparent reason.its common knowledge that this regions have been marginalized for so long unlike you people who have had three presidents and still living in shitty conditions. Discern the intent of the originator of the thread.