On Huawei, America just gave the World it's Sputnik Moment

In the 90s Trump wanted economic sanctions against Japan because japanese companies were doing well. Now decades later Trump is actualizing his policies against China. To me it looks like Trump just wants to ensure there is no economic competitor against US.

China has disregarded patents for a long time. And there is nothing global companies could do. Even the Huawei CEO admitted the other day that when he started the company 30 years ago, he relied heavily on western designs. The reason china has gotten away with this, is because most Chinese Knock offs are sold within china itself.

China is the largest market for phones right now. It’s actually the only growing smartphone market. India and the rest are stagnating as people tend to hold on to their phones for longer. But within the smartphone market some companies have been growing constantly by eating into the marketshare other manufacturers e.g xiaomi.

Global companies compromised because china is too big a market for them to ignore. So they are comfortable selling a genuine iPhone next to a fake one. The biggest iPhone market is in china so apple doesn’t bother chasing after Shenzhen companies that produce iPhone knock offs. But kama ingekuwa kenya…kebs wangeland kwa factory yako with KTN/K24 shoving their cameras on your face.

Actually, mercedes this year invested in a company that sells fake mercedes G-class. They even displayed both vehicles at the Shanghai auto show early this year. Once Chinese companies go global they stop plagiarizing their designs in order to access other markets.
[ATTACH=full]239726[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]239727[/ATTACH]

Both these cars were showcased on the same auto show. Mercedes decided to invest in the BJ80. If you can’t beat them join them!

Finally, here is a photo of the Huawei P9 alongside iPhone 6s. I know Huawei non longer copy Apple, lakini we know where they started. Lakini najua wewe utasema Apple copied Huawei ni sawa tu. Smaller brands in china actually copy everything apart from the OS.
[ATTACH=full]239728[/ATTACH]

That wasn’t my point. My point is that Vietnam as we speak right now has enough resources and manpower to produce phones in a large scale just like Huawei. Samsung is the leading phone manufacturer and produces most of its phones in Vietnam already. If this trade war goes on, Vietnam will be the new china. It can even handle the production of Huawei phones without a problem. Vietnam is the new china

in 2019 Trump still wants to sanction Japan Trump opens state visit, needles Japan over trade issues | AP News
Hata Toyota waliambiwa they are a threat to national security The White House Says Your Toyota Is a National Security Threat

BMW na BEnz too https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-tariffs-usa/trump-declares-some-auto-imports-pose-national-security-threat-idUSKCN1SN1FY

hizi umeandika ni upus, were is the vidence for abuse of patents and the court cases? Huawei relying on western designs is not the same as Stealing their patents

Okay.
Just recently (2018) Huawei was found guilty for violating patent numbers 7,769,238; 6,604,216; 7,940,851; 8,385,284 and 8,208,569 owned by PanOptics a US company. Huawei accepted the charges and payed the damages.

If you want the case number let me know. The ruling was made in Texas, I can get the case number and possibly a copy of the ruling and I can share it with you here.

If you want to download each of these patents and read through them to confirm ownership just head to World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) or the US Patent and Trademarks Office (USPTO). Both provide tools for searching patents and since I have given you the patent numbers it will be easy for you to search.

Kama unafikiria pia hii patent infringement by Huawei is fake, I can provide more older evidence from 2003, when Huawei was caught infringing on CISCO patents. I will also provide patent numbers and if you insist a case number.

I know they are many allegations against Huawei but I am providing you with those that the Huawei itself accepted that it had infringed on another companies patents.

If you feel this is not enough just ask for more evidence @Deorro. Itisha tu.

We! Akanyamaza!!

I am not on Ktalk 24/7. Real life is more fun. That was a perfect setup to drive a new point in my reply which I will write once a done with work

Tunakungoja mkubwa, no hard feelings

Vietnam is where China was in the 1990s, investors coming in and investing in factories, taking advantage of cheap labour to ensure exports are competitive.
A decade on, you are catching on, you start manufacturing very fake products and branding them. Tecno a decade ago
Another decade you have brands like Huawei or dji, world beaters, but you still have brands like Tecno.
Unataka kutuambia Vietnam iko hiyo level