Only 1 Million Kenyans Have Over Ksh100,000 In Banks

100k is not money worth talking about ESPECIALLY if u live in nairobi where rent inachezea 40Kplus for most households. Hio ata si pesa

Leta hekaya

Leta hekaya full, wacha story ya nusu mkate

Hao ni wale watu gari ikiharibika engine inawekelewa juu ya mawe for 3 months as they look for money.

Rent Nai inachezea 10k to 25k for a normal family. Let’s not exaggerate things. Nairobi is not New york kwenye utaniambia ati bed-sitter ni 40K. Hata with 15k eastlands unapata keja one ama two bedroom.

Wewe uko na watoto wawili na bibi utaishi kwa 1 bedroom in umoja or juja? Enda kasarani, ruaka ama garden estate uulize bei ya 2 and 3 bedrooms where most ‘mido class’ reside halafu urudi hapa.

Baba mbona unakuwanga na shughuli na maisha ya watu hivyo? Sio kila mtu hununuliwa pilsner na kuraruliwa mkundu then anapewa token. Live and let live. You are just regurgitating the same rubbish year in year out without placing it in context. Kenya is a poor country where majority live hand to mouth. Expecting them to live as you describe is childish.

I fully agree with you. Most middle class people are just one month salary away from poverty line

100k? wacha hiyo, 99% of kenyans can’t cover a 5k emergency, wengi wako tu na fare na sapa ya hiyo siku.

How many Kenyans live in Kasarani sijui Garden estate vis a vis ile umati iko eastlands? Kenya is a poor country and most working class earn between 20k and 80k. Stop quoting some high end estates as if they are representative of the whole population.

Jamaa anasema ati average rent ni 40k. Namuuliza hio ni Kenya gani? Mtu mwenye analipa 40k rent basi analipwa 100k and above in Kenya. Kulipwa 100k in Europe ni kitu ya kawaida but in Kenya ni ngumu.

things are bad…sijui tufanye nini

Nilikuwa najua utacomment shonde. Never quote me again and get a life uache kufuata comments za wanaume ktalk. Ghaseer taka taka. Stick to farming pigs in Uganda like the pig you are uache kunisumbua.

Things are actually worse when you think about it. Kwa hizo one million accounts, most belong to the same household meaning the actual figure per household is significantly less.

You will be surprised how many people with kids live in one-bedroom kennels. Wengi sana. It is the same group that will get very bitter online when you call them stupid for breeding like rats instead of improving their lifestyles first.

People realize that Nairobi is NOT Kenya!
Majority of people wako mashinani na 40k rent outside Nairobi ni very few places.
Majority of employed people survive on loans na at the end of the month mshahara ikiingia,inakatwa inabaki next to nothing.
And this has been the way since enzi ya our parents.Am sure most people can relate.

You sound like a person who grew up with a golden spoon in their mouth. I know dozens of Kenyans with literally next to nothing in bank accounts, while still raising kids. Watoto wanasoma na bado wanakula na mahitaji ya hospitali pia iko.

They are in the risk area of total financial collapse lakini it is not as alarming as you are making it seem.

I was raised in such conditions na nimetoboa hadi university with multiple internship opportunities coming my way.

Either bado wewe ni mtoto na hujahama kwenyu ama umehama lakini mzazi ndio analipa bills.

Why don’t you thank God for being lucky to be born in a rich family rather than looking down upon those who were unlucky to be born in poor families?

Too many Kenyans are walking a tight road.
Mark Cuban said that you need 6 months your salary in savings, in case you lose your job or something.
That’s the US.

Here in Kenya you can tarmac for 2 years before finding another job. I say you need more than a year worth your salary or spending in order to feel safe.

The way you people downplay the value of money makes it hard to believe that you have as much as you pretend to.