Other People's Money (OPM)

So when churches decid to give this head honchos leadership positions with the claim they will bring their experience on board, what happens when shit hits the fan? Case in point NPC and their land buying co with Haltons Pharmacy proprietor, suddenly Haltons were everywhere in Nairobi and beyond and accusations started flying around that was their money being used for expansion and lawsuits soon followed. Are they asked to step aside from their church roles?

What a question. The buck stops with him because we elected him. The first thing I would do is to show some actual goodwill in fighting corruption and not the PR that he’s been showing. I would make a few top heads to roll and this would at least give some momentum to the fight.

maddof run a securities company. Enron was headed by jeffrey skilling. Why do people see maddof in every fraud? maddof company collapsed in 2008 and by then enron, an energy company, had collapsed and shut down eight years earlier and people jailed. I remember seeing the enron people being arrested for fraud even though details were vague to me. I was small but certainly read newspapers and mags.

1 Like

Please refer to 2015 SOTN address

Infact I would rather invest my savings in secure financial instruments like T-bills and bonds

Are you even in Kenya? You still believe they’ll ‘recover’

He is serving a cool 115 year jail sentence. Hawakuwa na jokes kama huku Kenya

1 Like

Hapo juu nimekuambia pesa ni mob mpaka ingine inarudi cbk. Happened with dubai bank. Acha umeffi when am educating you.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000182201/central-bank-of-kenya-sh1-3b-unclaimed-at-collapsed-dubai-bank

2 Likes

This is laughable. So do you think that the president has failed in his fight against corruption because of restraints by the constitution? You must be deluded.

2 Likes

banks usually have little money. Even the money you see in your account is not real. All loans they give, which are many times the value of a banks assets are virtual and no such paper money exists. Banks are simply propped up by security of the loans. If the loans are not secure, then there is no bank. Ata wewe if you were able to obtain a license to operate as a bank beginning with little money like 100k, tomorrow you can comfortably lend a million.

2017 ni Uhuru, who do u ptopose

hehehe.

1 Like

Chase bank had a max of 15 branches (around 200 employees).
Their books as at 31st Mar 2016 indicated that insider Loans for employees only was KES 3.0B
That translates to an average of Kes 15m per employee - unsecured (read depositors money!!!)

First off, ass-hat, I was responding to @Swansea’s specific comment that Uhuru should reconstitute the judiciary rather than complain that it is not pro-active when it comes to the fight corruption. Please look at my fucking post again.

All I said and meant to say, is that the President, by himself, cannot go like the whirlwind - unilaterally freezing people’s bank accounts because they are suspected of corruption, carrying out executions, “repossessing stolen wealth”, reconstituting the judiciary and whatever else he deems proper in the fight against corruption. There are legal and constitutional restraints!

P.S loved the mini series!!

1 Like

Banks dont loan deposits. Its not that simple. The problem is lack of security.

Inbox that to @Swansea. We were all quite when the powers of EACC were watered down in the last Parliament. I don’t remember any riots or protest in the streets. Parliament made sure EACC was toothless, and know we wanna point a finger at the President.

Just wondering if Genghis and Rafiki will survive the day

Hii yako ni ujinga. Unajua kusoma kweli?

I’m out!

enron ceo was jeff schilling a simple google search will do