Over 600 Kenyans Apply For Pilot Jobs At KQ. This Proves That Kenya NI KUBAYA!! After COVID Pilots Were Hawking Vegetables From Car Boots

Twitter wapi, show me your source. Mimi nimepost what I know and I do not copy paste. Alternatively, use some brain and point out where the lie is in my post.

KQ doesnt have money to hire foreigners. it can barely pay its own employees

kwani kazi ya union ni nini?

In the meantime, nipe yeye I pay her double.
Muulize anataka kufanya kazi gani.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/opinion-analysis/columnists/end-perennial-pilots-kenya-airways-tiffs-4007894

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/opinion-analysis/columnists/time-for-kq-to-review-its-2017-cba-pilots-for-sustainability-4011868

https://nation.africa/kenya/blogs-opinion/opinion/if-kq-can-t-fly-let-it-swim-or-sink-4012116

Haya. Pole kababa. Usilie. You are right on everything. The pilots are greedy malicious nincompoops and they should all be sacked. In fact the entire airline should shut down because it has been continuously making losses. Let us cure diarrhoea by welding shut the anus.

:D:D:D:D:D

In all three articles you have posted, none of them is touching on the issue of the providence fund, and deferred pay(hapa wanaguza kidogo wanahepa) and some interest repayments on loans which covid disrupted which seem to be the major pain points of the pilots. No salary increases from what I have gathered thus far. They are all calling the pilots arrogant for wanting to be represented in the board and wanting some board members to be dismissed. I can assure you none of the journalists and board members can even fly a kite let a lone ferry 100 on a “small” Embrarer. The pilots constitute 13% and yet account for 46% of the wage bill BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING AIRLINE! The company exists to FLY people and goods SAFELY. FLY! Now since we have identified a verb which is the sole purpose of the organization, let us ask ourselves, who the fuck does the FLYING? I’ll hazard a guess and state it might be the pilots on strike.

What is difficult about allowing them a seat on the board? Why disrupt their pension scheme after having them serve the airline for decades? Why not respond to strike notices on time?

The airline exists because of it’s staff. If the said staff feel that the entity is going in the wrong direction, which to be honest it is and I can assure you it’s not because of salaries but rather mismanagement by the same board members who earn quite hefty packages, corruption and so forth, then we as Kenyans should back the people on the ground(air in this case) because they know best what ails their organization.

Replacing a pilot is not as easy as replacing office secretaries. If they fire all the striking pilots, then then planes will have to be on the ground for almost six months for the new pilots to be trained.
Lakini serikali ni nani, if they can hire cuban doctors why not hire cuban pilots as well and pay them higher salaries?

Tell this to @Sambamba . He thinks they are a dime a dozen, like truck drivers.

My focus was the low IQ part of your argument that really brought out the bonobo in you.

I always suspected you were an idiot, but I hadn’t considered telling you that, till now. Low IQ bonobo ni wewe. Just go to hell.

Growing up I always wanted to work for this company. My dad was there at its inception as east african airways and most of my childhood “uncles” were his friends who worked there with him. He passed on and his friends including Uncle Jim, ( Jim Ouma) retired. I’d always see him over at KCAA though.

I went away, came back, got my licenses and all the requirements needed to get into the KQ Interview process. Which btw is almost like a mini get together and you get to catch up with all the pilots who had scattered but are your boys. 600 plus people show up but the number whittles down to 10 or 15 after you go through the stages. First you have to present your documents to see if you meet the qualifications. Then you guys walk to the military base and take off your shoes outside the classroom and are measured against a pole. if you too short or tall you are out. Then once you in its timed IQ/ aptitude tests with math, chemistry, etc (chemistry that you don’t even need). After that first round, wait for call backs. If you are not called, you failed… next psychometric, then psychomotor, there’s another in there i forgot what it was. Each round less and less people are called back. By the time we got to medical we were in a small whatsapp group and it was only 12 of us. Did the medical down town in some joint near Hilton. Next step a ride on the simulator at pride center.

Now here’s where things get interesting. First there was a minor complication with my medical, something which eventually got cleared cause its an enzyme that was higher with no other issues but comes with stuff like food poisoning. once it was cleared the doctor submitted it. Here I am sitting waiting for a call back and HR at kq has hidden my clearance. finding out last minute that guys are about to do the flight test I asked around and eventually one of my fathers old friends found walikuwa wameficha. They produced it and I got added on the list. Now from the group we are doing the test in batches. Two people a day. Everyone reported they were doing the exercise over Dar airport which is a simple pattern. Take off do a loop and come back down and land. It got to us. We were the only ones taken to do Jomo route. Take off, right turn to get into the holding pattern. exit out, intercept the Ils. land.

If you have never flown a Boeing before this shit is moving so fast, the trim is tricky, the elevator is heavy, you aren’t used to timing your intercepts, you don’t know the relationship between the pitch and the speed. You are not used to where things are in the physical cabin to reference with your eyes, and you are flying IFR. and this is what they want to judge you based off. hand flying a Boeing on your first try.

Long story short as I exit the holding pattern i ask the co pilot to switch the altimeter… then i continue focusing on whats ahead of me. I intercept the ILS then find for some reason I’m too high. Kumbe this guy had not reset it and in that moment sabotaged me. I couldn’t even say shit when they asked me. I just took responsibility. I was heartbroken. Went home and a few days later got the microsoft flight sim and messed with it day in day out hand flying that Boeing until I could process it and understand its nuances. KQ told me they’d call me back to do another flight test. I practiced for months. They never called me back. They also were finding the smallest reason to kick people out of the ab initio program. I spoke to Captain Ririani about it and just sighed. He told me its happening and these guys being broke means they don’t want to have to pay these salaries.

I moved on heartbroken by the whole thing. Years later on of the guys who had done the flight test regretted what happened because when he got in, my father was one of the people who helped him a lot. I didn’t know him and also wanted to get in on my own merit.

Seeing the call for pilots to apply there, knowing I have the qualifications but I’m older. Knowing what the process will be like. And seeing how they’ve treated these guys in the past. I’d be surprised if people make it to the end with KQ maintaining good faith with them.

In Kenya it’s more about whose arm you grease with bahasha.

yeah I used to be more naïve and idealistic, I’m less naïve but fundamentally to this day I still try to have fairness and stand on principals on most thing

You are not seeing anything wrong with a graduate engineer kuchimba mtaro? then there is everything wrong with you

Usife moyo ndugu. Try to broaden your horizons if it’s still possible. One thing about Kenyans is that our work ethic and determination is admired in societies where systems function. If you can get the opportunity to work elsewhere, go.

There is nothing wrong with me. Probably there is something wrong with you. Watu wanachagua Ruto na Gachagua na kuongezea kina Sudi, Sakaja na Jalang’o ndabi kwa nini wasichimbe mitaro right after graduation? Where do they draw the line.

Most are Pilots returning from Gulf and Kenyans/Foreigners in Regional Airlines

Provident Funds was to be Reinstated next year, KQ was unable to fund the AB Initio program hence brought a bank to fund it, CBA signed 2017 has their salary and Increment covered, this was not a point for their strike, If a pilot want to be in the board let them get to the level of sitting in a board, KALPA wants a board seat to be handed to the like candy

None of the board Members have a hefty package, except for the CEO and Chairman