Overpriced car market

Nenda coast

Tafuta waarabu wenye wanauza magari
They buy a 2 hand “brand” new car and sell it in less than a year

I bought my first car…Toyota alphard kwa muarabu last year feb for 650K

I sold it in November for 1.1M

Crazy! Kenya is one of those few countries in the world where cars appreciate in value. Especially Toyotas.

Tafuta zile adverts uwekwa Village market, Sarit center, Karen, na Dagoretti Junction among other such places. From those adverts you get to learn the type of owner. It is true, you could land a fairly old but clean car.

If you ask me i will tell the small car categories is better. I will give an example. A base level landcruisers vx with v8 engines cost around 9m new. But a used one with 40k km on it costs the same price or more in kenya

We live in a man eat man society. No one cares about your plight. Not even the government that demands taxes from you.

true. bought mine from a guy who stays and works in kile. That was back in 2013 when the roads were better. It was a 2003 model and apart from the normal service, i have made very few repairs on it and performance is still on top

Here is my two cents on the issue. The people aged between 16 and around 40 in Kenya believe that a car is the ultimate social status and aspire to acquire one to fit their lifestyle and the desired validation. However, the majority of those working in that age bracket(if we narrow down to 25-35) are just starting off their careers and unless lucky, they don’t have what can be defined as a good salary. To balance between low income and motoring requirements, cars with minimal running costs are preferred. This creates a huge demand in compact economy cars and their spares, bringing about other ventures such as vehicle spares theft, imported used spares, to cater for the low budgets of such car owners. That’s why you see professionals with little to show for in assets minus their vehicles, cars like premios costing almost as much as BMW’s and the persistent theft of spares

Kenya is a shithole country

Whats the best site to look for cars sold in those sides? Mimi huangalia Jiji ama cheki.com

Enda kwa malls za hizo sides. Huwa zina notice board na advertisements. Alternatively enda ucheck kwa car yards za hizo sides though the price may be higher.

Thanks

The Kenyan government is greedy. Too greedy. These vehicles are way cheaper in Uganda.

Last year Kuna jamaa aliniuzia Hilux Double Cab ya 2012 in Garissa for 850k kutoka kwa yard ,reason watu wa Garissa wanataka Landcruiser. He had it for <3 years. I did not have the money but my brother had.No repairs runs fine,still has the original all terrain tyres.There are decent prices huku nje.