Parents

Just imagine a father who molested his sons and raped his daughters - while the mother just looked away in shame and did nothing about it. They denied them an education and worked them like friggin’ donkey!!

Somehow, through the grace of God you, being one of the victims, managed to escape that cesspool!! Put yourself in those shoes before you judge someone.

Hizi chapati za @pseudonym ndio shida.

There are parents who don’t deserve any honour. Like single mothers who throw their children in pit latrines so as to get men to marry them, only for the children to be rescued by neighbours; and even after that they neglect them and move to cities to start a fresh life. Even fathers who come home drunk everyday and beat up the kids and the mother. Guys here are assuming that we’re choosing between no-contact and enjoying weekends and holidays with the folks.There are people who even feel like physically hurting their parents as some kind of revenge; to them the choice is between no-contact and harming them and in this case no-contact is the wiser option.

It’s a sad world. There are parents who treat their kids horribly. The trauma caused to the kids leads them to a broken life where alcohol, drugs, poverty and bitterness reign supreme. If one can manage it, leave toxic parents & find peace.

take care that kid born you talking about does not treat u the same way.
my position is that there should be boundaries. Its good to cut contact with parents when the relationship is helping no one. Only essential contact like medical emergency should be maintained. I have seen girls borrow money for basics while the dad is wasting money on loose women. Juzi on A109 a trucker gave me a story of how his dad alimfutisha kazi akiwa turnboy and told him never to call him.
Some parents push you to the wall.
Why should you live like an orphan when your parents are alive?
Why should you lack school fees when your dad is paying top dollar on loose pussy in the market?
Some parents do not deserve honour, and such parents cannot curse you.
I have seen parents bitter till death in the village, and their sons are being blessed every turn of their life, parents should not push their kids to extremes

You can use another handle to give us a backstory on the same. Maybe then, can guys see all this through your eyes and experiences? The world is an imperfect place and guys have different experiences which shape their views and notions

I dont think it is possible. Remember as you grow up, they growin old. However, sometimes our folks are a pain in the ass, specially if you tryna tell them something and they feel that they are older than you so they know better.

I have recently ghosted my extended fam though. They are just sent from Hell. I dont care what anyone thinks, extended family members wengine ni Saitan, na si kwa ubaya

Huh?
What do chapatis have to do with toxicity.

ION, Have not seen my dad for ages. He cut himself off from my life. I feel indifferent when it comes to him but I know I have to make time and go visit him…soon.

Morning @pseudonym

Morning sweetheart.

Thanks to all those that don’t judge.

Life is too short to live a miserable life because of anyone - be it family or friends or even a spouse!

I don’t live with my parents I have my own home. Growing up home was a toxic environment where we never had peace. I cannot entertain such whilst I live in my own home. The priority is to protect my child from anyone or anything that doesn’t give her piece of mind.

Fanya hima. Tafadhali.

Tell that to an adult who was molested as a kid and i will show you that love and respect is inevitable.some parents are evil to the core,the guy up there could have gone thru some predicament with tbe folks that he questioned their love towards him.
Kunyimwa pesa ya kuenda dunda ama kutandikwa coz yiu went contrary to the rules does not make one hate their parent,unless stupid people.

Constant humiliation,shame ,rejection and scare tactics lead kids to future hate.a parents’ love should be unconditional.no one chooses their parents

Make it soon… Anaweza nyuria kabla hujamuona (God forbid) ubaki na ma-“what if”.

NB: Na usiende kwake kama umevaa mini tafadhali.

Guys like throwing around cliche statements without trying to first understand what led to what. Like that Kibaki era minister who ferked his son’s girlfriend and the guy ended up committing suicide We can never know what other things he had to endure to get to that point

At some point whatever love you had for the parent goes completely. You don’t love them anymore because if someone loves you truly they wouldn’t do whatever they are doing.

Just shows you how cold the world really is. Sometimes friends can be your family.

The last time I saw him it caused me so much grief…I believe I am older now and I think the stuff i have gone through has made me understand life a bit more.

I will visit him soon.

Thanks ,you are right of course.
He is in his 70’s now.
You did not have to add the NB part.

You’ll be surprised how some of these “modern” women dress - even before their parents.

My in laws don’t even know if I have legs or hips…hehehe.

Mum and I have a laugh whenever I wear an African attire. She actually mocks me in a good natured way and reminds me of the one time I dared to wear a hot pant in her house.

Gotta give respect where its due.
[ATTACH=full]137357[/ATTACH]
(Me in shaggz)