PEP drugs

Sikuizi naskia ARV ni tembe moja tuu… Na iko na less side effects

Yeah…nowadays it’s usually one…zikienda sana mbili.

Raw has no comparison. The problem with pep is that in Sub-Saharan Africa a lot of Hiv is resistant to tenovifir… Even the research results in Africa was dismal and was blamed on non adherence. At least condom has decades of success… As in if you use a condom correctly there is 0%

Ubaya wenu mnataka kuchapana raw na dawa pia hammezi vizuri. Africans kama kawa hawaskiangi maneno. Drug resisitance is here to stay!

drug resitance iko kilamahali hadi majuu and not only in africa

But nyinyi mnaifanya inadevelop haraka.

according to which study? kindly quote it here and we would like to see who they compared it to to come to that conclusion

Jibu la hili swali litakusaidiaje?

Do you know why it’s not given to women of child-bearing age?

Enlighten us more…

Because of hizo side effects anasema Eti ni ‘less’.

I think he meant exactly what he said. ARVs have gone through a tremendous metamorphosis. Just do a little research. When the drugs were introduced, a person would take like 30 tablets daily(and of course with more side effects) Nowadays they are taken like one tab a day and utmost two. The guy was actually factual, albeit the fact that we all have different reactions towards any medications.

The number of tablets may have reduced, yes. Thanks to Fixed Dose Combinations. But the number of medications hasn’t. We still use a combination of at least 3 from at least 2 different classes for HAART. Some will take more than three different medications, none takes less than three. Not in Kenya anyway. Hata PEP siku hizi ni triple combination.

I’m personally taking PEP( as from 31st, Dec) and can confirm I’m experiencing no shit. Maybe small bouts of diarrhea in the morning. Research on Acriptega drugs, just a single pill, although fixed dose combination. My emphasis is the lesser side effects.

Dawa nazifahamu kabisa. What’s lost on many, however, is that not every patient gets all the S/Es listed for a given drug. Some get many of them, some get a few, yet others get none. And there’s no way of predicting who is who.

On the Internet you can argue with Ndii a world renowned economist about economics from your bedsitter in kinoo