Perseverance Rover Successfully Lands On Mars

If you had 20m in life savings, would you plan an expedition to the kalahari desert in namibia to “increase your knowledge about the desert” while claiming you created employment by hiring a driver and mechanic, or would you rather invest the 20m back home hapa kenya to secure your kids future?

This debate is pointless. Is it NASA’s $20bn that is making people sleep hungry in the US? Even if they disbanded NASA today, what guarantee is there that their $20bn yearly allocation will now go to welfare?That money could very well end up in the military to be wasted on $100k helicopter missiles and $350M jets.

Lakini I wonder why are people so obsessed with going to Mars??

Yaani uache Earth mahali kuna maji, oxygen, good weather conditions and diversifed flora and fauna alafu going to look for life in a far away planet that has rocks, is a desert, has no water, has no oxygen, has the baddest windstorms experienced in the solar system, suffers constant radiation from the sun ati ni life unatafuta.
Anyway to each his own!

The obsession is to find fossils of creatures or beings that lived on the planet.

Secondly is to make the most planet habitable. The Americans are very well charting and carving the planet for future generations. Most Martian cities will be underground once sources of water is found, next comes human exploration and living. Western culture is very well devoted to exploring and understanding the environment they live in.

Once Mars is tackled the next point of exploration will be Jupiter and its moons.

I would go to kalahari. The kids can take care of themselves and Kenyas poverty cannot be solved with 20m

For those asking why waste the resources?

Space is the future of humanity. Yet we Africans need to be a part of it or we’ll be just left behind. Every bit helps.

We don’t need to do crazy. But we could help out with research and join hands with other global scientists. I believe there’s a proposal sitting on the presidents desk about turning Longonot Earth Station into a future space center.

Most of you don’t know but Kenya is the best place on the earth to launch rockets into space cheaply. Creating new jobs and as well opportunities.

Making Mars to be a habitable planet is like making a goat to start speaking its an impossibility. Mars will never be like Earth even in the next 1000 years. Earth is naturally habitable.
Mars is not. A retired NASA astronaut gave current NASA experts a bitter pill by telling them that Mars will never support human life. I am not against exploration but life hapana. Nada! Anyway wacha tuone mahali exploration itafika.

We’re not talking surface. Most Martian cities will be underground.

Terraforming Mars is not feasible at the moment. It would take reigniting the Martian core but that’s an in-depth topic…

Venus has more of a chance of being like earth. With proper terraforming.

The Earth itself was a dead rock. No life nothing. It took a series of freak accidents to make the planet habitable. Something we humans cannot recreate. Unless with divine intervention or help from aliens.

1000 years? Even with current technology the Chinese are terraforming deserts and making them green. The technology we will have in 1000 years should not be underestimated.

Hopes these people give to get funds, it is impossible to change kalahari or sahara desert to a forest but possible to make mass habitable. If a planet require to be at the right position from a star and be sorrounded by planet giants to protect it from comets, then how do they intend to move planets in space to align them. But it ok for us to learn and explore out there

i hope that’s the plan they have as we speak

refer to the comment by @Shaka above

and to add more, dont forget earth is naturally made to support life. terraforming a desert in earth is easier since naturally with availability of water trees will grow but then not all deserts can be terraformed, Sahara and Kalahari cant be terraformed easily yet they are on earth so how will one be able to transform Mars??

In 1000 years earth may never exist or maybe there would be another civilization.

And if terraforming of Mars will be possible, then we wont be there to experience it.

Hii yote ni capitalism… People are creating opportunities in areas where it’s impossible… Juu investors want the impossible to happen… Investor akiambiwa ooh I will make either the Kalahari desert habitable or mars habitable… Atauliza what resources are available and what laws govern the area?
Akiambiwa there are no laws that govern space at the moment… Ataenda space… Saa izi pesa and new frontier iko space sio earth

Goldilocks planet zone. Is what scientists look for when looking for habitable solar systems with life. All those exoplanets that fit the criteria none have life yet that we know of…

Moving planets? Is a possible theory that doesn’t defy the laws of physics. But you’ll need a lot of energy to displace the suns gravity.

The process that created the Earth to me is almost like there was divine intervention. To how the outer planets orbits around the sun. And thanks to Jupiter’s gravity which protects the inner planets is almost like this solar system was made just for us.

But am telling you right now China is terraforming its deserts. You forget Sahara and Kalahari both sit on basket-case countries in Africa which have no resources to feed themselves leave alone terraform the desert. Ghaddafi with his little finances was able to build the Great Man-Made River which did a lot of good in the desert and could have continued doing so had it not been bombed by Obama and NATO and some of it blocked by terrorists.
As for earth not being in existence in 1000 years, the earth has existed for 4.5 billion years and will continue to exist for 1 billion more years. In 1000 years I believe we will be cyborgs(for those who can afford it) with artificial upgrades like in Cyberpunk 2077. Brain upgrades to keep up with advancement in technology, heart upgrades to eliminate heart attacks, mechanical arms and legs with more power. Anti-aging treatments to greatly reduce aging and extend lifespan. I agree with you we will not be there to see a terraformed Mars, but not everything we do must be for the current generation. We can do it for the children of our children to benefit.

Year 2100- Human intelligence is vastly amplified by AI
Ubiquitous, large-scale automation has led to vast swathes of human employees being replaced by virtual or robotic counterparts. Strong AI now occupies almost every level of business, government, the military, manufacturing and service sectors.

Rather than being separate entities, these AIs are often merged with human minds, greatly extending the latter’s capability. For instance, knowledge and skills can now be downloaded and stored directly within the brain. As well as basic information and data, this includes many physical abilities. A person can learn self-defence, for example, become an expert in any sport, or be taught to operate a new vehicle, all within a matter of seconds.

The world has been transformed by this fusion of people and machines. The vastly greater power of AI means that it has become, simultaneously, both master and servant to the human race.

The benefits of this human-AI merger require the extensive use of implants, however – something which a significant segment of the population still refuses to accept. Compared to transhumans, these non-upgraded humans are becoming like cavemen – thousands of years behind in intellectual development.li Unable to comprehend the latest technology, the world around them appears “fast” and “strange” from their increasingly limited perspective.* This is creating a major division in society.[/li]@tall mnyama everywhere these are the people that will terraform Mars and they will start appearing 80 years from now hata si 1000 years.
https://www.futuretimeline.net/22ndcentury/2100-2149.htm#AI

Nope. Never gonna happen. Lakini juu sitaki kubishana vitu haziko wacha ii story iishie hapa. Kila mtu abaki na opinion yake.

For instance, knowledge and skills can now be downloaded and stored directly within the brain. As well as basic information and data, this includes many physical abilities. A person can learn self-defence, for example, become an expert in any sport, or be taught to operate a new vehicle, all within a matter of seconds.
Olosikia wapi? Wacha bangi mingi

I literally gave you the link where I heard that from! Futuretimeline.com…scroll down to the post and check the link.

iyo ndo link pia ilikudanganya Mars itakuwa terraformed in the next 20 years :D:D:D:D:D