Petrol heads come here.

O/D is controversial. Some say you use it when overtaking, wengine wanasema usitumie uphill when lugging heavy loads, and on and on…

Hi @Female Perspective :slight_smile:

@mayekeke maybe i should do an observation then come back with a report. Mine from Nbo to Isiolo/ Meru, it almost empties a full tank, average speed of about 120-130.

Is there anyone in here who can give us a perspective on the consumption and maintenance of a Toy Land-cruiser V8 200 series? Why are hey too many on our roads and neighborhoods? Well for one reason i know they arent as expensive (To buy) as the car yards want to make us believe. With kes. 4.8M you can have one here, everything paid.

In my opinion naona hiyo consumption iko tu sawa. I thought GT xtrail has a turbo.
Mimi niko terrain ya 13l/100k at the moment na maisha inaendelea tu sambamba.

Yes it has. I was a bit worried that its consumption is higher than the germans. Now get us out of this O/D quagmire.

corolla mambo yote…16km/l ie 6.25/100km

I can relate, ile 504 yangu si mchezo. The difference between us, is that I am happy with it, I enjoy it, and each time I am on that top gear cruising, I realize how lucky I am.

Simple answer to the question is: have the overdrive on at all times. Having the overdrive off prevents the gear from shifting to the highest gears meaning you will be running at a higher rev lets say at 120kph as opposed to having the O/D on. If u are driving in extremely hilly areas (e.g climbing the slopes of mt.kenya)and you need a lot of engine power then u can switch the O/D off. However, from experience, when driving in extremely hilly areas the transmission does not shift to the top most gears and thus there is no need really to switch O/D off.

Thanks NV but as we do a trail and come with a report next week, ruka na hawa[ATTACH=full]80191[/ATTACH] -------------------------------> kiti iko huko chini

A 2 litre cannot be a v6. They start from 2.4-3.4 litre.

Sweet ride did Nairobi- bomet and it’s was sheer blis. Escarpment was playing checkers. Petrol engine 4800cc was doing 12km/litre.

2 Likes

Dude… are you american doing a V8 Hemi?

…[ATTACH=full]81249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]81251[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Nope. An ordinary Kenyan with a V8 Hemi.

@Intro I meant the Hemi is American… no? boot painted black?

American yes. No black paint though.

Kumbe ata manual ziko na OD? [URL=‘http://motoringpressagency.com/overdrive-keep-it-off-when-overtaking-or-lugging-loads/’]Errm… Sijui kama hii itasaidia…

Munawes soma hapa, learn a thing or 2[/URL]

JMB ala ulia…wharever he calls himself…

Altezza’s were 2.0 V6