Poem of Man God: Jesus clarifies that no religion is ‘correct’ or ‘wrong’

@LINANI, like @danji1 has asked, you could be drawing closer to god but away from God. The Bible was written by men inspired by God. And if you believe in the bible, don’t ignore the part where it talks of being complete (Revelations). You don’t need further revelation to draw closer to God. False teachings can be cleverly disguised as truth in line with the bible. There’s a part I quoted earlier from the poem which is clear blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Am sure you know what the bible says regarding such blasphemy.

@danji1 and @avatar. I say that it draws me closer to God because I’m aware of my spiritual journey. I know where I’m from and where I’m headed and it is all Good. are you sure that revelations was the last book to be authored?.. You two are definitely at very low spiritual level.

Which was the last book, Valtorta’s compilation? You can’t easily measure one’s spiritual level, because, what parameters do you employ?

1 Like

[USER=258]
Many books have been written after that, including the poem, Koran and whatever Hindus and buddhas read. But Revelation remains the last book of the Bible as written by men inspired by God.

And that last line reeks of pride, which the Jesus you seek clearly despises. Just because you have read the poem doesn’t make you spiritually superior, neither does it reserve for you a place in heaven.

Remember when Jesus said the kingdom of God is reserved for ‘kids’? He was warning people like you who think wide reading is a ticket to heaven. Drop that pride and be like a child if you want to see heaven.[/user]

1 Like

Most people do the same thing except with one book only. Either the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita which Hindus read, the Book of Mormon or the Bible. The difference is, most read only books with one opinion, constantly reinforcing it.

What happens for people to abandon their faith after reading ‘few’ books, as you say, is that you weigh different opinions and facts and you decide for yourself. Coercions like burning on hell for not believing are dispelled subtly by a poem such as this that says no religion is right. Might as well stick to atheism.

Promises like going to heaven and finding precious metals and pearls on the gates start to appear childish when you realize that that was the height of technology (and reasoning) 2,000 years ago. Religion simply falls apart when exposed to some knowledge-backed critical thinking.

Without the stick to beat you into a religion or the carrot pulling you in, nothing short of God appearing can convince you. Also, by following any religion, you are invoking the wrath of the gods of all other religions and missing out on their rewards.

Sorry about your mom, though, it is understandable to want her to have lived on in heaven. That is why religion remains, it is a very nice drug.

@ bukuku, your analogy is mature, I like it, my only problem with it is that you acting like a fence sitter Kalonzo Musyoka like, you don’t want to offend both sides.
Let me clarify my statement about my late mum. After her burial exactly two months after. I had the longest sleep that I have ever had, from 7.p.m to around twelve midday. my late mum took me on a journey in places that befits the word heaven. will not delve into the details but just know heaven is not fiction.
when I woke up from this slumber I involuntarily knelt down and confessed that truly God is there.
Nowadays I have futuristic dreams, though scary sometimes but I must say 90 percent of the futuristic dreams come to pass.

You see as human beings, our knowledge is limited. imagine this as late as 1907, ,constipation was thought to be a very deadly disease.

instead of us criticising every thing religious, why can’t we use our energies to do good and praise him for giving us a chance to purify our souls here on earth

@LINANI I’ve never been a fence-sitter. I said religion fades quickly when faced with knowledge and independent thinking. Knowledge is good, I thought everyone agreed with that.

I’m not glad to have a chance to purify my soul. For one, we don’t have souls, our cells manufacture every sense you have. If you lose your eyes, you are blind, your ears, deaf, your mouth dumb, you get brain damage and your reasoning is also done. So what can a soul do without a body?

Second, survival on earth is for the fittest, not the holiest. Murderous dictators die peacefully in their sleep bathed in wealth and none of them even give back one shilling. After here, there is only darkness. When your body dies, only silence, darkness, muteness, lameness and thoughtlessness follow. It is literally dying, not switching lanes. The end of the road.

Religion is a drug to escape that truth. An illusion of another road at the end of this one.