Poland cuts Russian oil imports - Will completely wean by Dec 2022

wacha bangi, even water is stored

Yes, transportation by different types of ships possible.
roblems though

1. There is a huge shortage of these vessles especially LNG ship to cover the demand
  2. They are slower, limited transporting capacity, plus this is a very costly affair. A ship that docks for 24hrs is 1mil dollars/24hr. Offloading takes time

An alternative is transport with an FPSO, but these collosal vessels are huge with extreemly deep ballast haul.
Advantages here is they are multi purpose. In addition to storage for transporting purposes, production, separation of hydrocarbons can be perfomed on board thus you can easily decide what to deliver i.e adjust pressure/chillers/coolers you get petrol or NG.
These vesselse can also dock out in the sea and enabling smaller vessels from the mainland to connect and get the feed. But again, this is biashar, and ROI margins for the end user will be drastically reduced leading to both shortge and expensive gas.

Actually the gas is transported in large ships from Qatar. Examples of such are actually called Q-flex. Supplies are usually ahead of requirement which means they have storage tanks always ready to disburse. If theres anything about gas, wewe ndio huu understand. Other day I posted a comment on how @LongerTime ata need blanketi saba when Putin shuts off the pumps. It seemed like a dry joke but huko Europe,is not like your home of Seattle were you have 3-4 months of moderate cold.

Europe winter starts in August, paka March and most of the time ni below freezing. Na kuna ka breeze kakali sana which intensifies things. To make matters, worse sa zingine large cities ni public transport. So unapiga mguu 2 km kwa hiyo baridi kushika train kuenda kazi. Halafu hizo heat pump za apartment ziko metered. Unakatiwa meter by the day.

Ndoto tu

Sometimes you reason like a retard.

You think these Europeans rely on pipelines rather than ships because they are idiots?

In this very thread I told you that Qatar would very much desire a pipeline to Europe. You even googled and saw the proposed pipeline. Why can’t Qatar rely on shipping solely if it’s so convenient?

Ngoja uskie another retarded Simiyu excuse.

August is still party time. The weather is still great. The proper cold that makes me nosebleed (I have a cold allergy) starts in November.
Very few people live 2km from Public Transport. Except maybe in Eastern Germany which has very poor infrastructure overall. For the rest of Germany, only very wealthy villages/districts would be 2km away from public transport. If your apartment is even 200m away from public transport you would have to drastically reduce rent. Most people who would live far from public transport would likely own a bicycle. All main train stations have docking bays for bicycles. Cities with “poor” public transport like Münster have more bicycles (500k) than people (300k).

@simiyu wants to convince himself that Germany has options.

They themselves have said the earliest they can stop using Russian gas is 2017. Maybe Simiyu knows better than the Germans themselves. Na hiyo 2017 is very optimistic in my opinion.

Sijui unawika nini. Hapo juu tushakufundisha gas is liquified and transported in it that form. Already, Qatar exports gas to Europe. As explained, its not the most efficient way, but its done anyway. Scaleups may dictate a pipeline. But gas companies will still be profitable even without one.

Giving up cheap Russian gas for expensive alternatives because Big Daddy said so is a sign of an abusive relationship. In the end, if Germany pushes through with this madness, they’ll be the biggest losers. Germans are very price-sensitive. Rent is quoted in 2 different figures Kaltmiete (cold rent) which is basic rent. And Warmmiete (warm rent) which is rent plus expenses among others, the cost of gas. Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be Scholz this Christmas holiday.

Ati umenifundisha? :smiley:

Yesterday I was reading of how Germany is building two LNG port hubs out of desperation. And they explained how they lower the temperature to liquefy the product.

Be that as it may,you still refuse to understand that the way Germany consumes gas is not the same way Kenya consumes gas.

The Germans consume about 243 million cubic meters of gas per day.

The largest LNG ship carrier in the world known as the Mozah can only ship in 266,000 cubic meters.

Germany would need 914 of these vessels arriving daily to meet her daily needs.

Is that even logistically possible???

The shipping costs alone would be ridiculous.

Even if they just need 50 of this type of ships daily, it’s still not practical.

Cc @LongerTime

[ATTACH=full]429624[/ATTACH]

It’s funny how their energy Minister explained they already have a plan to wean off Russian oil.
Did you account for what can be shipped by trucks from Norway?