PROSTATE CANCER (continued)..

Now, this is excellent news. I remember coming across Amygdalin as a glycoside mostly extracted from Prunus spp (almonds, apricots, black cherries, etc).

I’m sure your research results will be highly appreciated. Just out of curiosity, is there a mechanism perhaps by which the Amygdalin selectively concentrates in the tumor cells in order to exert its anticancer effects?

:smiley: :smiley: Mambo ni polepole. Hata hiyo FTA kuna wakati ilikuwa ‘news’ pia. Incidentally, I had to truncate huge parts of this write up because it was just too damn long. I’ve ommitted stuff to do with new research coming up, prognosis, etc.

Healthy cells have been found to have enzyme rhodanese which which makes cyanide harmless, therefore the cyanide specifically kills the cancer cells.

Truly, we learn something every day. Thank you for that.:slight_smile:

Thank you Dr @Luther12 and Dr @Unicorn. Seems there is some light at the end of the tunnel as far as the cure for cancer is concerned?

Only one elephant on the way . The cancer industry employs too many people and produces too much income to allow this to happen. In the 70s there was news about laetrile which is a semi synthetic version of amygladin and it could be administered as a pill or injection but because of manipulation of laboratory studies, it was made unavailable in most first world countries. Healing cancer patients with a low cost drug would spell disaster to the multi billion cancer industry. There is a lot going on.

1 Like

True. There’s so much vested interests in the status-quo that there’s no telling what they wouldn’t do to sabotage. Remember too that in majority of the cases, research is hugely funded by ‘big pharma’ who wouldn’t do it with no assured long-term returns. All the same, there’s some hope in some of the novel treatments coming to the scene.

Oh, and that should be Amygdalin, I think.

…and that is why most cancer research is based on the premise that the cancer market will grow instead of shrinking… And yeah Amygdalin:). Autocorrect.

this is very informative @Luther12 and @Unicorn …shukran…

What’s the history of this monster? Did it, and other cancers, take helm in the 20th century or did they exist in ancient times, like times of Jesus, Archimedes, Egyptian Tutankhamun?

The evolutionary basis of cancers in general was very well captured in a series of four documentaries by NHK World. You may check them out on YouTube or on their website. They were entitled ‘The Origins of Disease’.