Ps Hinga Charles

:D:D:D A sweet talking shaitani. He has a very sweet tongue. Very good command of the language.

Figures were just rolling off his tongue. “I need 7 million doors, 50 million bags of cement… I need someone to provide these!!”

The Mbugua in me couldn’t resist. Watu wali salivate sana jana.

7 million doors times 7,000… minus labour and transport…

Lakini tukasahau Koto na CMAX.

people did not connect the dots. its all about doors and cement, and windows, and glass, its not about the people, its about the money to be made. its about koto and c-max, these cabinet secretaries are agents working under instructions.

How can 1.5% of basic salary assist one acquire a home. Lets take everything constant for 15 years since if your salary increases annually same will happen to the cost of acquiring a home (In fact the cost will increase at higher rate than the salary).
A person earning 30K will contribute 450/= and employers will contribute same
In a month = 900/=
In an year = 10,800/=
in 20 years = 216,000/=
So can 216,000/= buy one a house. Wawache kutubeba ufala

Kenyans are very thick. They are not asking the hard questions. If the houses were that cheap would the government force them on the people? si tutazinunua upesi sana bila kusukumwa? Its better nioshe mikono sa ii than nikuje kulia later. I will not pity any kenyan mwenye atainama kuchukua sabuni then atiwe

Si hii ni kutiwa cha lazima!?

Btw what happens to a person who is retiring in the next 4-5 years? Si hio ni pesa ameibiwo

they said the money can be assigned to next of kin, kijana yake ataekwa kwa line next 20 years angoje nyumba

"A lottery system will be used to determine who gets a house " —Plain stupid.

aint that dumb now!

So, what is the difference between this housing business and sportpesa? Si wapatie Karauri that project? Instead of betting to win cash, you win a house! Stupid guy

Na hii Hinga is he related to the Bernard Hinga we know of?

Haha, Hinga should have stuck to his initial word “balloted” and not got drawn into lottery which was introduced by his interviewer - it changed the meaning of the project.

Hinga is seeing the solution to our housing problem from above the cloud, the rest of us are interpreting it from below the clouds.

In many Countries the poorer social tenant becomes a homeowner by taking a mortgage to purchase the house they are paying rent on, they receive a discount based on the years they have resided in the house and paid full rent; rent arrears = disqualification from buying the social house.

It appears Hinga is proposing the same but in the revearse, we do not have the houses. We contribute to build, then own via mortgage.

It would work if there is a safeguard, guaranteed in law, over the contributions. If you don’t get a house within a certain period, you receive your contribution back plus interest, to self built or buy elsewhere.
The amount you contributed determine amount of morgage, the more you contribute, the less and fewer years you have to pay the mortgage.

In places where social tenants occupy a house which is not on the ‘to sell list’, the tenants continue to pay rent, as they await a property to be contructed or there turn on the waiting list.

Finally! Hope for humanity! At least someone who understands the issues and the solution devised . There is a 8 yr opt out period.
Or let’s just say he is a Gathecha relative who works for cmax. It will attract more likes.

I think Kenyans generally don’t understand the housing levy. The ‘lottery system’ will be used to determine who qualifies for a MORTGAGE, not a HOUSE. Then you will start making payments for the MORTGAGE including, a down payment and regular payments for a period of time. So, the housing levy is just a cash cow for the corrupt.

The Housing Levy is possibly the most audacious heist I have ever seen in my lifetime. Even Eurobond walijaribu kuficha uwizi huko.

And the frog was slowly boiled to death…

You miss a simple point. Why make it compulsory to participate in the scheme? What if I need to use my money now, rather than being forced to place it for some future speculatory benefit?