Purchasing a range cooker

It’s because of the spacing usually and depending on the utensils you use.

I cook food to eat for at least 3-4 days. About 4 times a day since I am bulking up. Now I only use big pots. Plus big pots are easier to cook with evenly while preventing splatter at the same time.

1 Like

Beko is Turkish popular in UK though for mostly fridges which is why I purchased it.

ARISTON is Italian.

Shopping for the same, have you looked at Armco?

I have a few products from Armco ,microwave, sandwich maker, iron box and they have served me well. for the price af Arsiton you get a ton more features just do a comparison for yourself

1 Like

No I haven’t yet. This is how I buy my items.

I google for e.g. best cooker brand. Thereafter I read customer reviews and generalized reviews from aggregator sites.
Then I filter for the brands that I can find locally because I don’t want the ulcers that comes with importing stuff using kina Kote and the likes.

Mostly I just look at energy efficiency, simple auto ignition and how it fares of even heating. The rest of the features I can do without. What I realized is that these new features and knobs are always the cause of most breakdowns. E.g. my fridge’s ice dispenser rarely works but the rest is A1. As long as the mechanics are nice, volume is big enough and shit can last for long without replacement. That’s it for me.

1 Like

That’s one-way of doing things. my way is I talk to various shop attendants. On cookers I have asked several (tuskys, naivas, etc) on what to look for in cooker. most say the burner plates (plates that you put the sufuria) has to be made of cast iron. We did a feature by feature of Ariston Vs Armco for same priced Gas cooker. Armco came out on top… This way at Naivas. The sales person was very useful told me the brand he recommends after years of selling Gas cookers is Armco. Thinking of taking her word for it.

2 Likes

She would know more than me since she has dealt with disgruntled customers. I will check out those Armco ones as well.

1 Like

Meant European

caution; some companies give a better commission…

1 Like

I sell on Jumia and am not an organisation

THANKS FOR THIS

1 Like

But good thing is I don’t deal with you. Understand?

I deal with Jumia. And then Jumia has to deal with you. That’s the comfort and security for me as the customer.

I find it helpful, always talk to shop attendants with an open mind. asking them what brands sells most, what brand/s have most issues etc, keep your biases aside. if you talk to most you will see a pattern. Ask what brands they have if any at home etc, ask the ladies for help for female related items etc…

2 Likes

I have a ramtons fridge and I have had it for the last 10years,my blender is older than that also a ramtons.I like buying brands that have been in the market for long though hot point has good products

2 Likes

Watu wa tete meko tukae pande gani?

I have the armco fridge and microwave seems like a good brand.

1 Like

Uko solo raundii

Sawa, wacha nikae karibu na nyinyi watu wa tu-antichrists (stoves).

Tuko pamoja

What about the theory of microwave and cancer. It’s a narrative that has been ongoing

Microwave ovens are designed so that the microwaves are contained within the oven itself. The oven only makes microwaves when the door is shut and the oven is turned on. When microwave ovens are used according to instructions, there is no evidence that they pose a health risk to people. In the US, federal standards limit the amount of radiation that can leak from a microwave oven to a level far below what would harm people. Ovens that are damaged or modified, however, could allow microwaves to leak out, and so could pose a hazard to people nearby by potentially causing burns.

Although some people have been injured from microwave ovens, most often they have been burns from contact with steam or hot food.

Source: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/radiofrequency-radiation.html

Hizi ni kama zile myths za 2001 za using cell phones frequently causes cancer

1 Like