Qwetu Living??

Boss, moving forward, desist from basing business decisions on your own peasant experiences. You will suffer. In these private universities, a good chunk of students have their own vehicles. Some are ferried using Uber daily to and from home. Piga cost ya kufuel gari ya mtoto daily ama kumlipia Uber. Some even rent apartments for their kids around school, which cost between 20-30k per month. So to them 30k for all those services Qwetu provides is very convenient and affordable.

This project is not targeted at peasants. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be for you to come to terms with your financial position. KU students can stick to bedbug infested Nyayo and Kilimambogo hostels without complaining.
I agree with @Kennedy Maina . I think the market is not large enough but it is there.

They have several buses. Buses hutoka hourly in and out of USIU with maybe 2 or 4 students only. Pesa si shida

The might not have ‘had the funds’…

Thyt’s why am saying such kids live in their homes. Not in a swanky apartment in KARIOBANGI.

Kunguru lazima achokore akili ya Tommy (nickname ya @uwesmake pale campus) akiletwa huku.

Upuzi tupu. I don’t understand how people put up with stupid rules in their private spaces. Mimi siwezi ishi pahali that’s behaving like a state within a state by making legal stuff illegal. MadPhilosopher kama nalipa mtu rent ntafanya everything that’s legal by the laws of the republic in my own private domicile.

It is still not a good deal. The best hostels cook for students. Unaamka asubuhi unapata breakfast ni chai, bacon, mandazi na salad. Alafu wakona transportation kwa deal. Bus ya hostel inapeleka students campus asubuhi na bado inawakujia after classes. Tena bado wanapikiwa lunch na supper. Ata nguo wanafuliwa.

I know very good private hostels that do that in Karen close to KSL, CUEA and JKUAT Karen at almost the same price inclusive of food and transport. Hizo za Qwetu kama students wanajipikia food, wanafanya laundry na wanajisort transportation basi ni za ufala.

They are not targeting KU students. Or students from public universities. I see the Qwetu bus at the University of Sunderland Kenya campus and at Graffins College.
In short international students going to international schools.

I stayed in such a place.
I agree, the price should be inclusive of such stuff.

Eti Sunderland kenya campus:D:D:D

You must live under a rock.
It has been around since I was in High school

This is really cheap, just like 2 weeks ago I took a student for registration at CUEA , a bedsitter is over 40k a month and it only has meals and wifi. Theyre run by sisters, very serene environment. So this is actually a really good deal. Maybe you should find out how much guys are paying for accomodation and meals in these private universities you will realise Qwetu is a great deal in comparison.

But that Qwetu has no meals. That CUEA hostel run by the sisters is walking distance to the campus and no boys are allowed. Tafuta Banaki private hostel in Karen, it is cheaper, convenient and the environment is very serene.

They drop and pick quite a big number of students at JKUAT Juja too. Parents would do anything to make sure their kids are in safe living spaces. Got Ugandan friendsof friends in those hostels too.

They are trying. Most midu crash parents would rather have their kids stay their than staying in thief infested githu 45

30 K is for the premium room and I think it is a very fair deal. You get 5 mbps internet. DSTV. A furnished room with a smart tv. A fully equiped gym. A laundry room with washing machines. No electricity or water bills. State of the art security features. And for the “bad locations” you get hourly transport to and from school. I think all that for 30k is a very good deal, especially for the one at Wilsonview. Especially considering how ridiculous rents are in that strathmore area. For comparison, a furnished bedsitter at a nearby building Magharibi Place goes for 34k. Add in electricity, water, internet and you are already clocking 40 k. Still no gym and DSTV.