Radical reforms in the civil service - 3 years contracts

Hehehe. Hiyo PR ya kudemonise government workers to bring this announcement si ilikuwa fupi sana.

Nonetheless, good move if implemented well.

The guy who was employed on the strength of his birth certificate…

They should also do that to parliamentarians,judges kila MTU,Kra,commissions everyone should feel the pinch

Hata Mimi I don’t support the part of no pension. Keep them temporary if you want but do not deny them pension
In fact they should put it into law that even day labourers must contribute to pension because we all will retire one day.

More confirmation that the Government has no money to pay pensions.

Tano Terror :D:D

Parliamentarians pensions kick in after being elected twice …

There is no money for pension. It’s been an open secret for some time now

A better sound approach would have been to have measurable, strictly enforced SLA for government services, coupled with performance contracting for civil servants tied to the SLAs for each government body.

The rest would have fallen into place. Hiring civil servants on a contract basis is a bad idea.

I know pension is a big burden to the government. But efforts to have a sustainable wage bill should be encouraged at all costs.
Pension reforms with a contributory pension scheme introduced .

but contributions to NSSF are faithfully deducted from payslips every month :oops:

Achesa pia bado hajui hio…

I’m still waiting for the official communication

what does nssf do?

Precisely, pension is in the hands of NSSF not Treasury whether its 55 years or 60 years you apply to get your cheque there. Even the different pension schemes in various departments have a completely separate operation decisions. However those amounts saved there aren’t a game changer, it should go directly to ongoing business or projects at retirement. It will not go far if that is the primary source of capital for a new business. Public servants should start investing in their retirement the moment they get employed not the sunset years.

I think you need to study how government pension scheme works. I mean those civil servants under the public service commission on permanent and pensionable schemes. Ask for their payslips etc etc etc

The Govt should reduce hizi allowances mingi za upuzi and scrap off CAS posts if they are serious.

That’s the excuse for most parts but Treasury usually delays payments in July-Aug and maybe September when the new budget kicks in as necessary bills approvals between Parliament and State house take longer to pass. However various new Treasury money management directives and lack of proper planning at the counties contribute in the delays. In the past Treasury was dividing the amount each county gets on the budget I.e 5 billion and divide it by 12 months. That would be i.e 420 million monthly payout to county X. Wajipange on utilization. However two things happened. You would find in 6 months county X has 1.5 billion in its account at central bank untouched. They have not utilized it for projects, just paid salaries and expenditures. County A has utilized all its funding and needs more. Treasury needs money as it awaits KRA collections but its current account is not enough for everyone. However their is 60 billion idle in Central bank for counties underutilized, however they can’t tap into that as its illegal. So they issue Treasury bills to borrow money. An expense that could be avoided by better money management. So in 2016 that was changed. Counties give their monthly projections for salaries, expenses and recurrent fixed bills. That is paid out. Now projects you follow IFMIS procedures where Treasury will coordinate all projects cashflow from county to national government and pay out each according to its current account balances. That limits unnecessary borrowing. However governors don’t like it but Senate passed it into law. So they tap into the salaries funds to pay projects they wish and await the project cash to pay salaries. Hizi mchezo zote takes place monthly at comptroller of budget office when counties present their monthly paperwork approved by county assembly to withdraw cash from their county accounts at Central bank.

it should be made a criminal offence for the governors to spend money meant for salaries on other issues.

Make Atwoli richer and fund failed projects like Hazina Towers

we are discussing these issues while we wait for the big boss and fellas here think that performance contracting is a farce. One of the reasons they are giving is that they like now they are yet to receive 4th quarter funding that should have come at the beginning of April. how were they expected to perform in the first quarter?