Recovering money from family members...

I don’t plan on using the car, I’ll just park it mahali hawawezi ipata until I get my cash back. wots the worst that @pamba can do?

Don’t worry @pamba can’t do much ni kukuweka tu pale remand ukule mbosho as your family struggles to collect bail money…jus’ saying

Do you really understand the meaning of confession and when it’s admissible in law?

Unasema nini?

Vile nimesema omwami.

Just report him to the police and start legal proceedings. Tell him you either get the land or the cash

Kenyans are thieves, if even people abroad send their own paros pesa ya development wanakula, ni bwana ya cousin yako? You must always involve lawyers and have documented evidence otherwise vile Kenyan systems are, you will waste more money in lawyers, bribing cops then you will never get your money back. Just think of it as the guy died or it was a pyrmid scheme. As a Kenyan you know very well, once money changes hands that process can not be reversed by most people, Kenyans just dont have that level of integrity, trust at your own peril esp far as cash is concerned. Its just 450k did you see that guy conned 6M in land sale by his own bro? Kenya is a jungle hadi kwa familia. Forget the whole thing. Because you can only lose more money.

i once narrated how a cousin of mine borrowed 210k from me last year,jamaa si alikataa kulipa mpaka wa leo…i played it cool and borrowed one of his car on december so vile alikujia gari nikamuuliza “so you came for your car? i hope you brought my fucking money too”. bibi yake akarusha mdomo nikamwabia keti paleeee none of your business here. juzi ameniletea kavitz as exchange ya ile gari nilibeba since it was a bigger machine sikukataa. now we are cool.
he wants me to add 40k tumalizane ,am just thinking about it, though the kavitz is very clean,new tyres.

First thing you need to do is to make him confess in front of witnesses that he owes you money - you could go to the chief. Even though the chief may not do much, you can talk to the chief to ensure that the guy confesses and even maybe signs a document outlining how he will pay. Because watu wanadharau ma-chiefu siku hizi ata-sign haraka haraka na aendelee kukupatia hekaya za Abunuwasi… then you can find a real lawyer or credit agency to harass his arse!!

Unamchezea the long game.

This “hekaya” best illustrates your predicament…

Once a Lawyer was travelling by train(SGR) from Mombasa to Nairobi
When the train started, He was traveling alone in the 1st class.
Some time later, a Beautiful lady came and sat in the opposite seat!
The Lawyer was Happy
The lady kept smiling at him…
This made him even Happier
Then she went and sat next to him…
he was bubbling with Joy �
She then leaned towards him and whispered in his ear…
“Hand over all your cash, cards and mobile phone to me , else I will shout loudly and tell everybody that you are harassing and misbehaving with me”
The Lawyer stared blankly at her
He took out a paper and a pen from his bag and wrote " I am sorry, I can not hear or speak… Please write on this paper whatever you want to say"
The lady wrote everything that she said earlier and gave it back to him!
The Lawyer took her note, kept it nicely in his pocket…
Then whispered in her ear…
Now shout & scream !!
Moral of the story :
DOCUMENTATION IS VERY IMPORTANT
If you don’t know how to get your dealings documented you better learn this 2018.
Once your transaction is documented the Law of evidence vindicates you.

You is screwed.

Huyu ni outsider…kubali umegongwa…tafuta wenye maitoka wamzamishe teke teke…

Without any proof, that is legally binding it will be very hard, the only thing you can do is to go to a chief and even better if the issue involves some type of land/if cash is tied to a land that you know of he may be best to advice you, chiefs handle land issues fairly well, if you go to a lawyer your case will be demolished fast, the person can even say that the money was a gift if cornered to confess and there is nothing much you can do legally to recover a gift that you gave to someone.otherwise your cash is gone, always involve lawyers before giving someone large amounts of cash

Don’t let it go! 450k is quite substantial. Mfuate daily hadi life yake ikose meaning. Send him goons wa kumshtua but don’t injure him. Anakupima akili aone kama you have a soft heart. Show him you’re crazy and don’t give a damn that he’s family. Yeah and take his car, atado?? People can be so heartless, he obviously has the cash but has refused to give you back what’s rightfully yours. Furthermore, he should pay you back with interest! Argh pole sana, I feel your pain.

Iko msemo ya Wameru (siko sure ni yao) ina sema “Uki inulia mtu panga juu hakuna kurudisha chini … "

Usiongeze. Hiyo ni interest for staying with your money.

The only recourse ni mkae chini na wazee wa famila and make him swear before those old geezers to pay you back…maybe he’ll respect your culture… But legally you’re fucked

currently i owe my siz some amount that i will pay…sisi kwetu we pay our debts.

Forget the money and deport the guy out of your life.

Jamaa ataruka aseme it was under duress, he was saving his skin.