Retarded OLX Buyers

I used to be very patient when I started selling on OLX. Very patient. Nowadays, my time is very precious. I give a thorough description of the product precisely because I want to avoid this extended “breaking of the ice”. You can imagine five people calling you to waste your time only to tell you “sawa ntakupigia”. Some times it feels like the caller is engaging in some sort of power play. Call me and get straight to the point. I have more important things to do with my time.

3 Likes

I am saying this because when I want to buy something, I some times ask those “stupid questions” just to be sure because buying something online can be tricky. There are so many times when I’ve found guys advertising for something but when you call to confirm you find it’s something different.

1 Like

This right here is golden advice…Never go alone whether you are selling or buying stuff from OLX! NEVER!

3 Likes

True. Most people lie about the state of whatever they’re selling. Mimi even if the machine has a defect I’ll say so, ununue ukijua what you’re getting.

1 Like

@captain obvious skiza hapa jamaa, If you are rude and talk like that even serious buyers will not want to meet you. Sometimes you have to ask such questions to gauge whether that is a real sale or not

2 Likes

I’ve never advertised a product on OLX for more than two weeks without selling. I am very honest. If you ask me about something I’ve already posted then hapo my fren sitakuweka. I’ll be rude. On the flip side, most people I’ve sold to call me again to inquire whether I have other machines to sell. I suspect it’s because of my honesty. A few even call me to thank me for being truthful about the state of the machine I sold them. How bout that?

1 Like

Ukiniletea electronics lazima iwe na documentation. Hata kama utaforge receipt ni sawa, lakini you must come with something that proves you own it. Halafu tunaandikiana ka-agreement hapo, nabaki na photocopy ya ID yako. If you can’t agree to these terms nakuambia utembeze.

3 Likes

:D:D:D

1 Like

Then they proceed to ask for fuel they bring the car to you…judt 3k since the csr consumes very well.If you go zlong with that, there will be a speeding thing once they “Get” to sagana.

1 Like

I also post items HoHelex, and this dumbass calls you and like How much are selling you the… I say ulisoma ngapi say 10k then the a***ole tells you unaweza chukua 2500:rolleyes::smiley: i once told a guy apitie mbushiri akule pesa yake makagary

4 Likes

There a

Clearly you can’t work in any customer care dept. Kenyans have the penchant of calling to confirm what they read…as if ukiwaambia they will trust more.

Nimeitwa mkutano na Clients, nikawabuyia kahawa Java to sit there and repeat my portfolio and proposal word for word. In Kenya, it’s the name of the game. Huo ujinga ni cultural.

3 Likes

No need to be nice if you can’t afford it (time), good service and honesty will do and people will come back.

1 Like

@captain obvious.

You state that it is just a side hustle, but if the above is an indication of how you deal, I can understand why BOB hung up.

Online buyers are generally insecure and many have been ripped off before. I would just be courteous, bear the questioning so that I can make my 10k profit and also build a reputation.

4 Likes

WTF!!!

Hehe, I meant there are some people who genuinely own a product but lost the proof of ownership kitambo. Hata akienda River Road atafute risiti bonoko, bora I’m covered should the long arm of @pamba catch up with me. Nitawaambia mimi nililetewa risiti, how the hell was I to know it was forged?

AMA pale inbox:

“Hi, is this still available? I am willing to offer KSh 4000”

Saa hio ni kitu ya 12,500. Huyo anakula “Block this user” haraka upesi!

2 Likes

as a marketer being polite and tolerant is vital…especially online… Kenyans are very sceptical species

2 Likes

Many of the olx advertisers are yards.

3 Likes

I advertised my services kwa olx and one guy called me…i went did my repairs but hakutoka hapo while I was working after kumaliza he told me watu wengi wa olx huwa wakora sana…but I had won his trust the next time he called me he was relaxed…

5 Likes