REVISITING THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTORAL SYSTEM

A point system is good but I think the top 4 should go for elections so that the people can be the arbitrators. The presidency should be abolished for a Prime Ministerial role, who is junior in rank to the Head of State, and the Head of State should be a council of well respected religious leaders. This council should be non-partisan and the army, police,anti-corruption council, and other such bodies should come under it. The multiparty system should be abolished.

47 counties are okay. 8 provinces would be to large and we would need smaller administrative areas like cities or towns

Where will we get well respected religious leaders in Kenya?

For such a system, hata 47 candidates ni kidogo. We need more counties.

They have the other posts to vie for i.e senate, MCA, etc. But Christianity normally ‘frowns upon’ religious leaders who ‘leave God’s work’ to venture into politics. Case in point Magaret Wanjiru and Pius Muiru

That’s elitist thinking. Don’t circumvent the masses. People deserve the leaders they elect, good or bad.

If you can’t politic your way around locally, what hope is there for the country when you represent our interests as a minority in international waters?

Very wise remarks chief. Kudos

I am saying our religious leaders are not respectable they only care about themselves

It can’t happen in a bonobo republic like Kenya

Otunga was great, I would trust him before myself.
A group of experts can be appointed to do the looking.

You would trust him to advice the nation on multiple issues that are outside his expertise?

There is a prime minister/govt etc to run things but how do you control a prime minister gone rogue? Or at times of crises when a decision of last resort is required.
The only thing that can unite people in this country above tribal allegiance is religion, so we use it.

We dont have one religion in the country.
There is something called division of power. The executive shares power with parliament and judiciary

lol, where have you been? Since 1963 it has never worked.

So giving powers to pastors will work?

S/He will be a one person deep state…