Richest churches in Kenya as per the offering received

Kuna mpesa, paybill and all that. But the congregant may pay the tax through this modes but not the actual Church, is correct honey? Am no economist/accountant, I may be wrong.

It is an organization and not a “church” as such.

Come to think of it. I have always been rejecting invitations to visit the land of murume …Been invited to attend church services by a rela. In his church! He is the main man.The pastor… Time is high that I accepted those invites…nitajitetea nikifika huko mbinguni ama jehanam. I will plead poverty.

Hiyo pesa. Si ni mingi sana!

Why is a church engaging in business? Isn’t that conflict of interest?

Explain

KRA ANANYEMELEA ?

Who owns hii kanisa inaitwa CITAM?

KRA ANANYEMELEA ?

Well. This is new. KRA, surely, knows no boundaries.

Hehehe…Catholic church na tax evasion :D:D:D:D:D

yes, most churches pay tax on their employees, hata ukienda say anglican the pastors salary is taxed so are the extra benefits they get from the church, lakini income ya church is not taxed unless such comes from an activity not related to the church religious activities, I think the same applies to some NGO’s.

Lakini sijui sana about citam, maybe they pay tax on the offering and tithes they receive, not sure how they document the same, I am sure they don’t give member fiscal receipts after the offering, that would be hectic :slight_smile: but I am sure KRA would not mind some extra cash.

Wanacheza chini na bishop wanjiru

They do not pay taxes on income from offerings lakini wakijenga shule, convention center, spa etc it will be taxed like normal businesses. Maybe wakitaka wawe wakora they under state the business income and inflate the offerings income. They are still people aren’t they?

Hii Citam, what prevents them from being a money laundering enterprise? We know the rogue politicians who comfortably attend there; moreover sadaka can be anything you want it to be.

Somebarry confirm whether those hideous “churches” on Nyerere road are on the list.
Si naskianga washiriki ni exclusively mbirrioneas…including prominent politicians in Kenya

Unless i see the actual tax accounts presented…but offerings and tithes are not taxed…but maybe reported for information only

Hii CITAM si mchezo. Zile tithe hutolewa pale ndio ukuwe church elder wueh. Go look at their church elders, its the who is who in this kenya. Hii si kanisa ya hoi poloi.

CITAM inculcates godly values that’s the difference. Bishop Oginde is the current head of the church and doesn’t have a direct influence on how the church funds are spent. CITAM has structures which help them stand out as an institution. The deacon board then decides how the cash will be used. I however, strongly believe that we have churches that make more than CITAM just that CITAM is more open to audit and member scrutinity. During our annual AGM the cash received from different assemblies in terms of Tithes, Offerings, and other income generating activities are usually tabled and we are given a chance to ask questions.

Boss stop lying I know quite a number of elders from CITAM, let me not just blow my cover…It’s the pastoral team that prayerfully appoints Elders and forward the names for ratification…It’s never about the tithe/offering that one gives, but how one avails himself for service. Most of the Elders are usually Head of different ministries at some point. I know one of the Elders in one of the CITAM assembly who is a primary school teacher,

Sawa Kondoo ya CITAM. Si hatuendangi kanisa, hizo ni story za base za Mogoka.