RIP Uchumi

Doesn’t matter. I was just showing you thag being close to a stage isn’t everything. Even Nakumatt Ronald Ngala was also closed. Either way Naivas profits in Westlands are going to dip in 6 months time. Most of the big spenders are going to divert

I also didn’t understand. Maybe space ama kukosana na landlord because hiyo branch ilikuwa na traffic sana.

Lots of traffic but quantities of goods moved may not be so low. Small retail consumers can hardly sustain a supermarket; maybe a minimart.

Kununua toothpaste, chewing gum and some crisps cannot sustain a supermarket. A supermarket is a very low margin business so supermarkets spend lots of money to improve revenue per customer. For example through back to school and Christmas shopping campaigns where a single consumer spends a boatload of money. The only supermarkets that generate lots of revenue being on a stage are those on long haul stages where people from upcountry shop b4 was designed ocha Eg. Tusky Imara

The only reason Naivas Westlands is popular is because it does not have ANY competition. Nakumatt Ukay and Westgate which for the longest time have been the highest grossing supermarkets in Westlands and attracting the biggest spenders are dead, Uchumi Sarit centre is dead too. There is no supermarket after Westlands. So Kangemi, Mountain View, Uthiru residents also have to purchase their home shopping at Westlands.

EastMart. Not sure about the spelling. Just before stage ya Eastleigh. Besides where Tusky 's BebaBeba was

Tuskys is dying from within not as a result of any competition.
The internal theft is rampant, starting from junior staff who help themselves with ‘stuff’ on a daily basis. They’ve tried different retail management companies (the employers of the cashiers), but it still continues.
The other day a director said that Tuskys has never made a profit since 2012.
I personally have inside intel that very very few branches make a profit. Majority are just surviving on loans and God’s grace. From what I was told, the biggest problem is theft. How big? In some branches double digits as a % of revenue.

True this…

Though Govt should have sold all these failing institutions…and hopefully repay loans…

Sarit just needs a strong anchor tenant. Its in a great location.

Nope you’re wrong. Was at Sarit this past weekend for a samantha bridal event. It’s been a minute since I was there but was pleasantly surprised!! Awesome stores with strong brand names, food court iko poa sana, ample parking was available. Only downside was their bathrooms had no tissue paper…

Uchumi should not die.
No one else makes ham and cheese sandwiches like they do.

true. with Carrefour showing up, it is a win-win situation for the both of them

Tiskysnis Opening soon at the New Diamond Plaza in Highridge.

This will probably be their most profitable branch soon. Watch this Space. er, Trolley.