Running on Empty-Auto enthusiasts and car gurus.

You now see the reason Matiang’i had to act tough on exam cheats. Someone like this one has been through the school system but can’t do simple conversions.

Ona hii hapa,look at the range and the fuel gauge indicator, to a layman, naeza kudanganya haiezi enda mbali but I know, with that fuel I can manage 120kms comfortably.
[ATTACH=full]79266[/ATTACH]

Most Toyotas less than 1800cc can do over 80km after the light is on. Just maintain Eco mode and be gentle on the acceleration. NB it does not apply on city driving but say Nairobi-Kenol ama Naivasha

2 Likes

hiyo gari ina mashida mengi…inajua wewe ni peasant imeandika P…haina mafuta, battery inaitisha powerbank, engine imechoka…

1 Like

The average range for most Japanese vehicles regardless of engine size is 70 to 80kms after the empty light comes on.

1 Like

Na Dmax?

Pardon me sir. Where in the syllabus are we taught the metric system?

SI units.
Physics ya form 1 or 2

1 Like

i know @Nattydread will beg to differ, however have never tried that stunt, immediately the “Refuel Now” message comes up i normally top up immediately, however my refuel warning comes up on two conditions

1. Fuel level either hits 10 liters
  2. Onboard computer predicts that the remaining fuel level can only last me for another 90KMS

tiga wana. iko ‘ON’ i.e engine not started. angalia pia tachometer

1 Like

Natambua tachometer ya @Purr_27 pekee

1 Like

Tachometer ni gani ? dnt know much about cars

1 Like

The joke is on you matapaka. Wewe ndio ulileta mambo ya labogin hapa ama? “shira wa shiho uthiagwo ni andu mena nguku”. Translation “Case of capturing mongoose is gone by people with shiken”

2 Likes

Hii inaeza itwa blonde moment? Imenikumbusha “naingiza kichwa tu kidogo sifanyi kitu” and she says “sawa”

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it ,this is like POST (power on self test ).
Problem would have been if the lights remain on while the engine is running ,and you can clearly tell its not by looking at the Revs counter.After starting the engine only two lights will remain on awaiting driver intervention I.e seat belt and hand brake.

I haven’t spotted Skoda Fabia. Is it the only car that has a digital gauge that shows you how much gas you have left in the tank as well as approximate distance it can take you?

The Toyota Vista also has a digital gauge and speedo

Hiyo kitu ya kupima au kuonyesha RPMs.

1 Like

@Ice_Cube forester can do about 60 - 90 kms with the light on before the engine cuts off. I have done so severally.
I also noticed with pre 2005 toyo cars, the light can come on even when you have enough fuel.
E.G Premio nyoka : when going or parked downhill, the fuel gauge goes up. When parked uphill or going uphill, the gauge shows less fuel and may even turn the “fuel” light on even though you have enough fuel.

1 Like

that is impressive man, 70+ KM but how do you get the balls to test it hehe. then there is a mechanic that told me running the car till it goes off due to fuel may over time damage the engine. not sure of the accuracy of his claims though. The most I did with a light on was from blue post Thika to Engen after K.U. but was nervous throughout