Safaricom Are Coming for Matatu Guys

This is nice and free…alafu waanze kukamua watu 250.

I wonder what happened to the shuttles one would pay a monthly figure on the 44 route? Like 2500 ama 3k

There is one peculiar thing about the Kenyan market…products and services that seem too Westernised are never successful in that line…they end up joining the crooks they came to compete with or they end up being obsolete altogether…examples…Buses: Double M, Rwaken, SmartBus, ROG. Payment modes: Beba Pay, My 1963, Mnauli, Pepea.
Ata ii BRT sioni ikienda mahali not unless all other matatus are banned. Trust me.

but uber was not in competition with matatus but local taxis, uber won the war ages ago particularly among the middle-class .

Safaricom has become like Google, they have the money so they dabble in too many projects but don’t follow up on them. Most of these safcon projects normally fail, since they don’t have the incentive coz they already have mpesa and data as their cash cows. I don’t expect this little shuttle to work mainly because safcon won’t give a damn about it

Nobody stopped matatus from organizing themselves into a proper, law abiding transport industry. Successive governments have been trying to get them to reform and organize but wamekuwa wakikataa. Just trying to get matatus to obey traffic rules has been a problem since time immemorial to the point that they had to be forced to actually do it.

Their days of grace and prosperity are at an end and they have only themselves to blame.