Safaricom employees told to reapply for their jobs

Exactly! the experiment of trying to tinker with systems that have been working as Nassim Taleb would says

Technology and automation manenos. So far Customer Service naona imeanza kuwa auto alafu ongezea outsourcing of services. This what I’m seeing in most companies.

1. Dont fix that which is not broken.
  2. When you are a new leader in a new environment (especially coporate) take time to learn what works and why it works that way. Also take time to learn what doesnt work and why it doesnt work.
  3. Dont bring un-warranted disturbance to an already stable system.

Inakaa the new CEO is hell bent on breaking the above rules. I predict it will not end well because:

Asante, Nimetafuta hii post since made my reply.

hawana union, technically they’ve been fired, this guy knows what he is doing.

[ATTACH=full]361138[/ATTACH]

How much experience do you have as a CEO hata kama ni wa cattle dip kule ocha??

Huwa mnanishangaza sana :smiley:

Wow. The Lawyers are circling. There is gonna be hell to pay if they try that bullshit.

Even ‘squad’ itself is a matatu slang. For holding brief.

Shida ni Atwoli ndio ako COTU.

He is simply flattening the organizational structure. It’s a tried and tested model.

…although using the term “tribe” to describe a group of teams is a little disconcerting in a Kenyan context.

Unconscious incompetence or competence? Did he understand the company well to make the changes? Not sure but let’s wait how to watch how it ends

I get the idea of doing things differently if they want to transcend being just a telecommunications company. Technology evolves very rapidly and giant companies like IBM, yahoo, Box office na kadhalika stuck to only one thing and shit happened.

That being said story na reapplying has something deeper.

Msapere ataangusha kampuni bana…alafu mama ngina aichukue…kama vile walimaliza sportpesa

Young man go and read widely.

While at it use logic.

Lesson of the day is: ukipata job in a big company like safcom isijibebe kama a demi-god because you can be fired when you least expect it.

Its so bad. Imagine unafanya job ukiwa na wasi wasi. Maybe you have loans to pay, rent to pay and several other bills. With the pandemic, its a very bad time to loose your job. Depression will finish people.

Most work from home due to covid

Hii ndio the biggest mistake watu wamefanya kuonyesha kampuni yako waweza kufanya kazi nyumbani. Mwishowe watasema wanataka consultancy tu na hivyo ndio watu wengi sana watajipata nyumbani. Mimi siwezi kukubali eti work from home .utajipata redundant

Its not negotiable