Safaricom Introduces FLEX, a New Bundle Aimed at “The Hustler

Safcom should understand that the only reason why we stick with them is because their competitors are unreliable and not because we are stupid.
They should therefore cut their bullshit con offers and rob us while they can.

7 Likes

That is business 101 right there …exploit on the competitive edge till it’s done with.

I assume it would take a vision like Google’s to take Safaricom head on

2 Likes

It’s all good until some company comes out of nowhere and disrupts your entire business. While you’re protecting your abnormal profits, someone is working hard to have a piece of that pie. Steve Jobs famously advised that if you don’t cannibalize yourself, someone else will. Look at what happened to Nokia. They were reluctant to get into the smartphone business because feature phones were very profitable for them. When they did decide to do smartphones, it was too late. Like @Grundy said, Safaricom is only good because its competitors are terrible. Right now they should be marketing their unlimited internet options alongside bundles, such that it’s easier for their customers to transition from bundles to home internet. Unlimited is the future, whether they like it or not. What happens when a smaller but aggressive and more efficient investor starts offering reliable unlimited internet? When that day comes, the company’s long suffering subscribers will ditch it for good. No amount of marketing and offers will convince them to change their minds.

7 Likes

I totally concur with you …bottom line it would take a real visionary to take them on on a bigger scale… I bet Telkom and its ilk are behind the Mpesa split plus other anticompetitive law suits, like they are really trying to bring this giant down by all means.

The sad reality is that an international corporation will come once again to solve our issues.

1 Like

hiyo splitting ni Airtel, badala they improve their services they are busy crying. Have you ever ad problem with safaricom and call their customer care or tweet them? The will call you back till when the problem is solved and even after that a supervisor will call you to confirm if the issue was sorted… now try airtel, a friend was told by that stupid moron called Jaymoh to produce 2 screenshots showing that his airtime mysteriously disappeared. One to show before and the other to show after. bado utabaki with such?

People will always complain about Safaricom but in my opinion they have a really premium service…I am hoping they diversify even more Google-style, …unlimited internet to the masses must be their last card, holding it off for just long enough…

1 Like

with a 100 Bob,I could buy 65mb,200sms na nipate storo bonus saa hizi tu

They’re afraid of the unliminet with regards to the Small profit margins

Mmmh not bad

Premium, sidhani. They are just in the right place at the right time.