Schools should abolish these stories

The “reading police” are taking this up with Disney and others who have been coming up with stories for children since always. I think that you’re addressing the wrong “people”. Diversity and availability of material for young children still has a ways to go due to an invisible monopoly which Disney has.

Coincidentally, one of the most recently applauded Disney stories is “The Princess and The Frog” because it has Disney’s first black princess. The only problem is, the witchcraft plus all the scary scenes with the Shadow Man and his demons means that it isn’t really suitable for most children. I’m not trying to end up with a child who has endless nightmares. Addressing one problem usually creates another.

I don’t know … Pixar has really been doing well with appropriate stories/movies which teach a variety of lessons without any negativity while still entertaining children and once we stop putting Disney on a pedestal and using practically all their productions for childrens’ books, maybe it’ll get better.

@Wakanyama the telenovela boy. Kiandutu interior massive