See how this KQ pilot smoothly nailed a sideways landing in SERIOUS crosswinds

Who was flying this? Cross wind landings are always interesting. Everyone was turned into the wind which I assume was coming from the left side of the screen. Normally the easiest way to do that is make sure you keep the hash marks on the runway at the same point on the screen and that tells you you are moving straight towards it and not left or right or sinking.
Once umepata angle you just drift down maintaining the cross.

Beyond that you have the alternative of going wing low on the side the wind is coming from and when you land you land with that side of the planes wheels first and then the other one is pushed down. Also at the last minute is when you align the plane to be straight with the runway.

Most places have normal wind patterns though and you’ll always be landing into the wind. When training tulikuwa tunapiga hizo cross wind landings hapo wilson on a very short and high approach plus crosswind plus kuvuka hiyo fence with a bunch of cars just passing underneath.

Don’t planes touch down automatically?

The way all those planes are landing tells me it’s pretty routine stuff.

It’s like saying dereva anajua kuruka bumps… Yaani Kenyans are so easy to please

If you know wsup with that airport you’ll kinda know that’s the case when you scout it. That this place we coming in on cross winds

One example marsabit. I didnt know that place rains all the time halafu iko foggy. You think that place being up there means Iko kwa desert but no. Mvua tele. And then there’s a hill by the runway so you have to approach it from a certain direction so you don’t run into it under VFR ( visual flying rules). You scout ahead.

So these ones the fact that it took a minute before certain planes got there and tower told them what the wind conditions are and was clearing them to land means they knew what kinda situation they are coming into. The first plane did a go around not because they were not aligned but because they balloned and we’re too high.

Better safe than sorry kujifanya mac mende

It depends. You can have it on autopilot until a certain point then disengage. But those moments is what you there for

Only on KTalk will mogoka base experts and SJ dwellers, some who don’t even know anyone that’s ever boarded an aircraft, challenge and question the skills and expertise of highly experienced pilots who hold B777/787 cerifications and ratings.:D:D

How many of you experts have tried in a simulator to land a mere cessna in a light crosswind. I urge you to give it a shot and report back.

Sama Kimakia, nmewacha

Sawa Pattiko

Mimi hata ile similulator ya rc aircrafts ilinishinda bana. That thing makes you fly with opposite sides of your brain.

F****** hell! That’s some hot shi£ right there

:smiley: huyo wa kwanza mazee… Balls. Nerves of steel man

Hii pia ni noma. Even seasoned pilots sometimes have challenges, as the a380 ones did and had to go around. Nasihi wadau wa KTalk wapeleke cv zao Emirates na KQ

Hapo ndio village boys kama @Wanaruona hupiga nduru while holding on tightly to the arm rests, “Wooooi Jesu save us! Sitaiba tena nimeacha! Hata machaba nitarudichia wenyewe!”

Wakifika chini they swear they will never fly again, “Emirates ni ndege mbaya sana! I knew those young pilots were not capable.”

Stop smearing my names with kinyesi you faggot.

Dusseldorf 3 years ago.

Balls of steel to pull that landing off akianani. Story goes the crew was summoned by their HR and told that the landing they did is an example of what the company doesn’t want to see. Walijitetea wakasema they didn’t push the plane beyond what has been stated in the manual wakarudi job.

Kali sana … adi hio A380 inadrift

Nyamazisha bakuli ghasia. Kenya Airways is currently offering Boeing 737 800 simulator experience to a destination of your choice for one hour for ksh 9,999.Flew Nbi-Dar and the landing wasn’t bad for non pilot.
Check out bei ya just one hour of simulator training ujue ni how much. Tunakula malaya wa SJ, tume experience simulator ya Boeing 737,we Fly to Kigali, Joburg, and Atikis in Greece once a year.These are experiences you will only have in your dreams (including SJ).

Pia wewe ulipata hii email ama hata Ndege ya mombasa hujawai panda? [ATTACH=full]348290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]348290[/ATTACH]