Sexual harassment

Story ya incest imetokea wapi tena kwenye huu uzi?

wacha tuseme hii ni lil uzi (short thread) ama pia wwe uko na kuna waweru alikuwa anakupimia mahali?

Yaani you want to boil his smokie !

Sio boiro ni wet fry

https://s.m.huffpost.com/assets/HuffPostHero-d783f680fb974e80346bdfa145131d058e596e1d32f791981875aa481702c770.svg
[SIZE=6]Warning to the Boss: Think of Having Sex with Your Employee as the Same as Incest![/SIZE]
https://s-s.huffpost.com/contributors/stephen-viscusi/headshot.jpg
By Stephen Viscusi
Bosses…does that make the point any easier to remember?

At least once a month, I get a call from a TV producer or reporter, who is covering a story about allegations of a boss having sex with an employee—with it often times being a consensual relationship.

Whether it’s consensual or not, it doesn’t matter. Boss-employee sex always ends up bad and it’s wrong. There’s an interesting point made in the recent book,High on Arrival, by Mackenzie Phillips, who claims to have allegedly had a consensual, sexual relationship with her father. Consensual or not, it’s wrong. I really believe you would need to be a victim of either one of these terrible scenarios—sexual harassment or incest—to really know that.

When will bosses ever learn? Companies, large or small, and private or publically held, end up paying the price for bosses who are simply put, too horny. They pay, not just in dollars and cents but also in reputation, degradation and a permanent cloud that often soils corporate culture forever. And no one is immune to this. Bill O’Reilly, who hosts the O’Reilly Factor on Fox Networks, has had alleged allegations of sexual harassment and we all know of the former President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky scandal. We only hear about the highly publicized celebrity and media stories, but truth be told, these stories happen everywhere and can happen to anyone.

For the past week, as the author of the HarperCollins’ (NewsCorp) global bestseller “Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out on Top at Work,” I have been on countless televisions shows as a talking head to comment on the sexual harassment issue at CBS, concerning “The David Letterman Show.” CBS, by the way, has been often referred to as “The Tiffany Network,” for its “high-quality” programming.

There have been allegations that “the boss,” David Letterman, himself, turned the famous landmark “The Ed Sullivan Theatre” into a sort of alleged bordello. It seems like less than a month ago that I saw and heard all these “Tiffany Network” executives talking about the heritage and class of Walter Cronkite and the history of CBS, as they eulogized Cronkite, who seems to represent the permanent face of CBS.

Now, this same company, CBS, finds one of its leading “faces” of today’s CBS, David Letterman, admitting to having had sex with several of his subordinates. The boss-employee sex thing is bad enough, but then—“the back story,” as they say in television, in a story even some of the best television writers could not make up, it’s alleged that another “Tiffany Network” employer, from within the very news department that Walter Cronkite had worked, was allegedly blackmailing Letterman about his alleged affairs.

What is in the water cooler at CBS? What will we hear next? I certainly hope that some male intern doesn’t come out of the woodwork to allege that the famous power widow and now holder of Cronkite’s throne, Katie Couric, is pinching some male interns’ behind? (Just kidding Katie)

Sexual harassment, much like incest, is no laughing matter, as Mackenzie Phillips wrote in her book about her alleged consensual sexual relationship with her father. Once again, the word “consensual” doesn’t change anything. A child shouldn’t be subjected to that, because it’s just an abuse of adult power. And it’s analogous to having a relationship with your boss—even if you really want to have sex with him/her.

There are two separate questions I am often asked on these talk shows. The first one we covered—is it wrong for a boss to have sex with a subordinate, even if it is consensual? You now have my opinion—bosses, take my advice, think of it as incest.

Then a completely different question often confused with harassment—is it okay for two workers (peers) to have a sex or sleep together? I always cringe when they change the word from “sex” to “sleeping together.” Let’s face it, how much “sleeping” really goes on? Let’s just call it what it is—sex. Everyone thinks these scenarios only apply to male/female, but whether it’s harassment or peer-to-peer sex, it crosses different sexes and gender preferences—males/male- females/female - male/female. No one is immune.

Back to peer-to-peer worker sex, 40 percent of Americans surveyed said they have had sex with someone at work or worth with. Taking out of the equation the marital or relationship status of those people and assuming they are all single (which we know they are not), we can assume people are horny for the people they work with. In part, because we often we spend more time with the people we work with than the people we live with.

The organic chemistry between you and a peer, who works in the same industry shows you have the same interest. So where we work -the industry and the culture within that industry is almost like a subconscious match.com. Romance may bloom, and as long as it is not sexual harassment, even at a peer level, many strong relationships have been formed at work.

Tell me your experience? Are you part of the 40 percent who allegedly has had sex with someone they work with? If so, where? At work? When during work? Were you caught? Did you meet your husband, wife or partner at work? Have you been sexually harassed? -Was it a peer, or the boss?
I’d love to hear from you.

You’re always welcome to write me with your career dilemmas, and I’ll answer you on this column.
Follow me on Twitter (@WorkplaceGuru) and add me on Facebook or email me at: [email protected].

Disclaimer: The scenarios and events portrayed in this article are products of the author’s imagination.
(c) Stephen Viscusi. All rights reserved. Article can be duplicated in part of full without author’s permission.

Stephen Viscusi is the author of two books about jobs and the workplace. Charles Gibson from ABC’s World News calls Viscusi, “America’s Workplace Guru”.

[I]Viscusi is a TV broadcast journalist on jobs, a headhunter and resume spin doctor. His latest book, Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out On Top at Work (HarperCollins) has been published around the globe in at least 9 languages including Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Portuguese.

Viscusi is also the founder ofwww.BulletproofYourResume.com.

Viscusi’s headhunting and workplace advice is usually considered counter-intuitive to the conventional wisdom. Viscusi is not a career or life coach. To the contrary, his current book, Bulletproof Your Job has been described as the New Millennium’s The Art of War, by Sun Tzu, and that’s how Viscusi sees the workplace. He’s your workplace General.

Each week, Stephen Viscusi volunteers his headhunting career advice to the world.
His disciples can be celebrities, politico, world leaders, heads of industry, and some are just ordinary people who write him for advice. It’s like Tony Robbins advising Al Gore or Deepak Chopra advising Michael Jackson (wait, scratch that one).

You can get your own advice by writing to Stephen at [email protected] or Facebook him or Twitter him at WorkplaceGuru.[/I]

Follow Stephen Viscusi on Twitter:www.twitter.com/workplaceguru

https://s-s.huffpost.com/contributors/stephen-viscusi/headshot.jpg
Stephen Viscusi
America’s Workplace Guru
[SIZE=5]MORE:[/SIZE]
https://s.m.huffpost.com/assets/oath-footer-white-4f6d0a4bbc98c395c8c4e2c7536851b43338ff822be8e91cc77cfbcf7e5efdd1.svghttps://s.m.huffpost.com/assets/oath-footer-white-4f6d0a4bbc98c395c8c4e2c7536851b43338ff822be8e91cc77cfbcf7e5efdd1.svg

SEA CHANG
[SIZE=6]It’s time to stop worshipping
powerful men[/SIZE]
Noah Berlatsky
October 14, 2017
https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/madmen-jpg-e1507925695431.png?w=50https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/madmen-jpg-e1507925695431.png?w=1201
Patriarchy gives powerful men carte blanche to diminish others’ humanity.
Following the news that Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed and abused women for decades, waves of women in Hollywood are coming forward with allegations that describe a culture that permits widespreadharassment and assault. This culture disproportionately affects women—but it does not affect women alone.

Actors Terry Crews, James Van Der Beck and Rob Schneider have all said that they have had executives or other powerful figures in Hollywood grope them or make sexual advances. Sexual harassment is not only about sexism. It’s the result of the patriarchy—and the way it works to give powerful men carte blanche to diminish others’ humanity.

Women are all too often singled out for sexual harassment in the workplace. A 2015 study of workplace harassment in Australia found that women filed nine out of 10 workplace harassment complaints, as just one example. Because of sexism, women are seen as sexual objects; as Andrea Dworkin wrote, women “are treated as if we are subhuman, and that is a precondition for violence against us.”

Sexual harassment is also the direct result of patriarchy—a system in which men hold the majority of the power, and in which masculinity is glorified. In patriarchy, masculinity and power are bound together. This means that power is inherently sexualized. The ultimate expression of power and authority in patriarchy is the ability to act with sexual impunity. And sexual impunity in patriarchy becomes an expected perk of power.

This is why many men in powerful positions wind up mistreating others. When Weinstein or Steven Seagalallegedly held meetings in a state of undress—or when Lyndon Johnson held meetings on the toilet— they were actively asserting their absolute power as patriarchs by showing they could violate bounds of sexual decorum. Donald Trump made this quite clear when he boasted about sexually harassing women. “When you’re a star they let you do it,” he said. Fame and power enable sexual abuse, and men act as if sexual abuse demonstrates fame and power.

Men usually signal and assert power in patriarchy by sexually dominating and humiliating women. But they can also signal power by sexually humiliating men—particularly men of color, gay men, and young men. For patriarchs who behave this way, the goal is to show that you are the most manly of all men—and one way to demonstrate this is by treating other men the same way men treat women.

Sexual abuse, then, is not about sexual attraction or gratification; it’s an assertion of, and an abuse of, power. Understanding this is crucial to making a cultural shift. Putting in place more rules limiting contact between the sexes —following theMike Pence rule of never being alone with women — isn’t helpful. Nor will it work to draw a strict line between work and after-hours socializing, as Josh Barro at Business Insider suggests. Harvey Weinstein wasn’t confused about the line between appropriate and inappropriate behavior. No one thinks thatmasturbating into a potted plant in front of a colleague is reasonable, whether you’re in the office or on a social outing.

Men can and do harass women when other people are around, in public spaces and in private ones. Men can harass and abuse other men when women aren’t present. To reign in sexual abuse, we don’t need more restrictions on women. We need more restrictions on power.

Hierarchical workplaces, in which people at the top are seen as infinitely more important than the people at the bottom, encourage abuse and mistreatment. Unions have a mixed record on combating sexual harassment, but at the very least—by putting standard procedures in place and holding employers accountable—they have the potential to identify and punish abusers.

Creating more gender parity in upper-management positions will also help to address the problem. Having women in power undermines the patriarchal logic that says that power is about manliness, and that you show you are powerful by humiliating your subordinates.

We also need more legal scrutiny of abusive contracts. Roger Ailes and others have used confidentialityclauses in contracts to prevent victims from talking about rape and abuse. Harvey Weinstein’s contract allowed him to settle sexual harassment lawsuits with no other consequences,according to a TMZ report. A judge refused to allow pop singer Kesha to break her contract with her producer Dr. Luke on the grounds that Luke’s abusive behavior was “foreseeable.” In other words, from the standpoint of contract law, Kesha should have known better, so any abuse is her responsibility. In all of these cases, maintaining the prerogatives of those at the top is more important to the legal system than the safety and humanity of victims. That’s patriarchy—a system that protects men in power.

Of course, abusers aren’t just protected by laws. They’re also protected by the reluctance to challenge, or restrain, powerful people. When victims speak out, and are taken seriously, others begin to believe that power can be challenged. That’s why Weinstein’s fall has led to a deluge of revelations about others, including Seagal and Ben Affleck—and to men coming forward to say that they have been harassed as well.

Currently, our laws and our culture venerate men in power and protect them from facing consequences to their actions. The default assumption is that successful men have proven their superiority by virtue of their money and influence, and that they have therefore earned the right to treat other people as beneath them. Weinstein’s fall is an opportunity to try to create a different culture, in which men in power are accountable for their actions. That would be a boon for people of every gender.

Learn how to write for Quartz Ideas. We welcome your comments at[email protected].

NEWS IN A WHOLE NEW WAY
We have an Android app now.

Download the app
BITCOIN IN PARADISE
[SIZE=5]The Paradise Papers suggest Chinese tech billionaire Lei Jun is connected to the world’s biggest bitcoin miner[/SIZE]
Joon Ian Wong
November 25, 2017
https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/lei-jun-bitmain-bitcoin-xiaomi-paradise-papers-e1511541278240.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=3500

RETALIATION
[SIZE=5]Russia will now label the reporting of global news outlets as the work of “foreign agents”[/SIZE]
Jenni Avins
6 hours ago
https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/rtx3bx3l.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=50

HomeOur PicksPopularObsessions

https://load77.exelator.com/pixel.gif

@GeorginaMakena why do you sound bitter when talking about men

Bcz the topic is defending sexual harassment and they sexually harassed me till I learnt even if am physically weaker I can still do damage at the ‘softer’ male areas. Its very difficult being a woman, hope God brings you back in your next life as one then you will understand Ile shida tunapitia. Its very bad and very painful umeingia job then people old enough to be your dad harass you sexualy. I know women are socialized to never complain or rock the boat for the sake of World peace as men with their inflated egos go out and start wars that kill millions. But should a woman state a contrary opinion to that of a man,she is bitter. And what worse trait can a woman have than to be bitter. Honey, Im married to a man who would give his kidney n liver for me. My pops adores me, my brothers would kill anyone who would lay a finger on me. But am not delusional about the quintessential diabolic nature of men. And when I see them pushing an agenda that is harmful to the well-being of women I speak out against it boldly and fiercely bcz I am a mother, I want my posterity to grow up in a world devoid of harassment. I don’t want them being sexualy approached by adult men before they’re even 10 as I was bcz boyz will be boyz. Its completely unacceptable and if wanting to shift the predatory programming of the men makes me bitter then I wear it as a badge of honor. The world must become a safer place for women and for children! People who abuse children,say the priests didnt start with kids,they abused older boys or even women then wen they got away with it, they learnt you can abuse your position of power and trust as a priest to molest boys below 10 and the Vatican will protect you bcz of your position. Fyi these boys and girls abused are so traumatised that they only come out with the truth wen theyre in their 30s and later. Which explains why the abused women be it by Cosby or Wettstein or Bush come out after they’re secure in their careers. Bcz they know how the world works. Its a man’s world and a powerful man can do no wrong! Do you think all these women from Nyongo to Jolie are lying? Ofcourse its the truth, women are averse to sexual scandal and would never drag their reputation thru the wringer for the sake of it. Think of it this way, when you’re a dad, would you like your kids both male n females to be subjected to sexual advances to work at a prestigious place or climb the ladder? I will have you know that even men lose jobs for saying no to female or male gay bosses. A persons sexuality is not a commodity! Its sacred! Its autonomous! It must never be demanded by those who hold power. And the workplace must never be turned into a brothel wea the bosses extort sexual dignity and autonomy as the price to be accepted or promoted or to keep a job. Personally if someone did this to my child,Id kill them and repent later. Bcz,such people don’t deserve to even live and the world is a much better place without them.

I often said I did not send an application to be a woman and I will never allow anybody to victimize me bcz I am a woman. If a man deserves to be treated with dignity and respect then so do I and so do all women. Women contribute alot to humanity,from pregnancy to nursing,to potty training,to teaching motor skills,to taking care of the sick and elderly to the amazing fetes they accomplish in the world. Women do not deserve to be harassed,objectified,dehumanized and humiliated so that the other half of the population can feel powerful! The narrative that for you to be powerful you must debase another humanbeing created in God’s image is a satanic to say the least.

I have no apologies to make for standing up for what is right. If to you demanding sex from people you have the power to hire and fire and set the trajectory of their career or destroy it is what you consider ‘consentual’ then you’re no different than those pedophile priests,those dads who impregnate their dotas. All are abusing the power they hold over another to destroy their dignity and to forcefully take their sexuality and sexual choice. And yes am extremely bitter that this is how sick and psychotic men are. They find it perfectly normal to molest their juniors in the name of consent. Consent can only be between equals if I hold a gun to your head thats rape,if I hold a degree,a job,a promotion to your head that is rape. Let’s not sugarcoat issues,if you do this you are a fucking rapist using power to advance/ruin careers to coerce them to have sex with you. The fact that many men cannot see that this is criminal shows how debased many have become. Thing is corruption is gradual, you start off with interns,then Secretary,then juniours,next your moral fiber is too far gone that even your own dota is yours for the taking. You find yourself having impregnated her. It starts in the seemingly ‘small’ lapses in morality, before you know it, you’re worse than an animal and demonic spirit is firmly in control of you. Its a slippery slope that ends no place anybody wants to go. God gives us conscience to protect us and others from worse fates. But if for some reason you think you’re the wiser, go ahead, it catches up,if not with you,with your kids.Happy Sunday.

:D:D:D:D

I pity her reach husband. Shida tupu

Ditto.

Limekupata…nini

Am not talking about th

Its not about this post I mean generally all your posts show just how bitter you are… Its one thing to defend a gender and its another to constantly attack another to prove your point; which till date sijai elewa ni gani

So you now want me to prove that am not bitter? You know,am aware that this is a pejorative label like feminazi to shut down outspoken women. If you’re generalizing about all my posts, pls check my post on education and about Jesus are those also bitter? I like engaging people who want to argue issues based on clear logic, not some blanket condemnation that you cannot specifically point to. Whatever I said that rubbed you the wrong way, bring the statement and then tell me that what I said lacks logical merit based on fact A,B,C and D. Otherwise there’s nothing you’ve told me by telling me am bitter bcz all my post are anti one group which you’re biased towards yourself bcz,you belong to it.

Be a,man. Men pride themselves on logical arguments. This you always do such n such, and the blanket labels and condemnation make no logical sense. You sound like a hormonal boy. Come now you can do better than this young man. Quote my exact statement and say that any of the statements I make are false and therefore driven by malice or bitterness - whatever that means bcz,I don’t know if having an indignation over an injustice is bitterness. Jesus whipped people and He is my role model. What you think of my opinion and I is really of no consequence bcz I don’t know you from a can of paint. So the only way I can take your opinion seriously is if you logically make specific points without personal attacks that mean utterly nothing other than your subjective opinion.

In this post,poster defends sexual harassment and even demonizes and taunts the victims. As a man you may not understand unless you were bullied in school like the form 1 boys raped in Upper Hill and Maseno boyz. Male aggression whether it is bullying or raping in jails or schools is a predominantly male problem based on socialization tht for a,man to be powerful in a hierarchical structure, he must drown a form 1 in a school pool. Or gangrape a form 1 boy. Why do this things not happen in predominantly female environments? Bcz it is a,male problem so kusema naonea wanaume is not logically correct. Statistics show crime is perpetuated by mostly men, most rapists and serial killers and domestic batterers and predators are male. You cannot call me bitter for merely stating facts that can be empirically proven.

Personaly Ive been a victim of sexual harassment,I almost quit the job to go sit at home bcz,of the stress it was causing me. Sunday evenings made me have psychosomatic illnesses bcz I hated my workplace,bcz I hated the harassment. Being shown porn, being told how beautiful I must,look naked, being written to warning letters of warning for not risking being alone with a predator in the office on Saturday least he rapes me then watu waanze kuniuliza wot I was doing alone with someone who was harassing me.