Sh58bn cable car plan to tackle Nairobi traffic jams

We need tarmacked roads in rural areas and wealth will flow to Nairobi and other towns. A major fraction of the economy of this country is supported by rural areas and the small towns there. Even that superhighway inasaidia nani wacha tu uhuru akienda function kasarani? By the time you are at survey towards town theres is a jam.
Someone said that masses are feminine. You convince the voter in the same manner you convince a child; by little useless superficial goodies. Thika road is just one 60km or so stretch compared to hundreds or thousands of Km in nairobi alone.

1 Like

I use the imara, siokimau trainā€¦ And i can tell you for a factā€¦ Its more than half eased the traffic along M. Roadā€¦ People from athi river, mlolongo and kitengela drive to siokimau park their cars at the station and use the trainā€¦ Same applies to pips from embakasi who drive to imara, and get the train from thereā€¦

My thoughts are, improve on the existing railwayā€¦on major routesā€¦ JOGOO RDā€¦ THIKA RDā€¦ NGONG ROAD etc. Then they should use electric trains instead of the fosil diesel locomotives

Electric trains hatuwes toboa maybe more modern diesel coaches.

we do not have the power to drive trains, yet. maybe after we are producin more megawatts from our coal and oil, nuclear and geothermalā€¦

sio kwa ubaya,na wajaluo wakiamua kuingoa?

1 Like

sasa what is there to see in nairobi to warrant usage of cable cars? take this peeps undergroundā€¦would be marvelous to see a TBM in east africa

uko na shida mboss

They need to construct more simple stations in Embakasi, Ruiru, Kikuyu etc. so as to net in more people. That syokimau-imara-makadara-town train should do at least 4trips between 6am and 8am and 5:30pm and 7:30pm as these are the times with most traffic. They also need to be reliable in matters of time keeping.

In case of a blackout or floods a la South Sea?

And minimize break downs. Imagine you are coming from Kahawa and the train breaks down somewhere between Mwiki and Dandora, where do you even start to find your way to town again? It happens!

1 Like

kwani hawangoi reli?

Mnaendeleaje huko njabini interior

Aki afadhali Gorvenor Mutua angekuwa wa Nairobi ā€¦heā€™s not safi kama pamba but he damn tries ā€¦hawa wengine sisemi kitu :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now they want to eliminate the vibrating mats

2 Likes

:D:D:D:eek:

:smiley:

Ta imajini ā€¦lakini hizi ni sawa they are a menace sometimes

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Every time I hear of potatoes & cabbages rotting in farms or milk going to waste because we cannot get it to the market ( the market here being wherever the end-consumer is) due to a poor road network I find myself getting very angry at officialdom. How many years after ā€˜independenceā€™ is this?

Those who have spent some time in the vast lands that is northern and north-eastern Kenya will also have noticed one thing: insecurity tends to thrive in some of those hard-to-reach areas with poor transcom infrastructure. Need I say any more?

2 Likes

I think iā€™ve read something somewhere about the water table of Nbi being a major hindrance to this.

Electric sio lazima iwe fed by the national grid. There are several types of electric engines to power trains (@ Grace_Msalame uko wapi?). There are some that use some kind of a Diesel engine that generates power that then propels the train. I donā€™t quite recall the technical terms for now but zipo.

Ok. As long as the coaches are modern then no problem.